Reviews Categories | Ham Call Sign Accessories | NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Help

Reviews Summary for NL7XM Callsign Historical Research
NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Reviews: 378 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Free or 1.00
Description: NL7XM ("Pete the Greek") provides a wonderful service to the ham community by using his vast collection of Callbooks to research original license dates. His work is done as a service to his fellow hams (although he would accept $1.00 to defray copying and mailing costs). Keep him in mind when you have old Callbooks to dispose of. He can be reached at twelvevdc@aol.com

You can write your own review of the NL7XM Callsign Historical Research.

N7BUP Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2019 20:28 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful Resource  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Fabulous resource and great service. Prompt response. Would happily use again.

AA7DX Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2019 04:11 Send this review to a friend
There's No Way This Guy Is Anything But A 5++  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Like a lot of other guys ( Iíll bet ) I had lost track of my original Novice license, misplaced in a move Iím sure. All I could remember was that it was from sometime in the 1970ís.
So I fired off a quick email to Pete, and less than a week later I had the information I needed ( and couldnít remember ). All I can say is thank heavens for Pete and his huge collection of old Callbooks, otherwise I would have been out of luck.
And if you need Peteís help please remember, he does all of this work essentially for nothing so please donít forget to send him a couple of bucks and a quick ďTHANK YOU PETEĒ email Ė itís the least you can do.

N4KC Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2019 01:01 Send this review to a friend
Yet another "5" review  Time owned: more than 12 months
Back when I first signed up for Logbook of the World, I simply guessed on when I changed my call sign to N4KC, going back far enough to be sure I included all possible QSOs. Now, upon trying to renew my TQSL certificate, I learn that LoTW has gotten smarter and knows my N4 call sign could not have possibly been issued on the date I had entered. The certificate could not be renewed without a valid date.

NL7XM had done a search for me several years ago but I could not locate that email. I dashed off a request to Pete and within a half hour, I received a reply from NL7XM that included that previous email search.

I could then go ahead and update my TQSL certificate request. And I did. And it was accepted. Maybe next time I need to know, I'll remember that it was summer 1977 when I got the new call. But if not, I know "Pete the Greek" will have the info. What a wonderful service!

KA7VUX Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2019 13:23 Send this review to a friend
Pete's service was very much more than I had expected!   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was working to find evidence of my first Ham License. I contacted Pete from the recommendation of the 2015/2019 General Class study guide from Gordon West. I had no idea of the quality and the professional results that I did received from Pete would be as great as it turned out! I showed his work to a VEC member that I am working with and he was impressed by the quality of Pete's work. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for historic information about your ham licenses!

KD2NZS Rating: 5/5 Nov 23, 2018 23:14 Send this review to a friend
Amazing Fast Service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had been away from ham radio for 52 years, and had lost all of my old paperwork. I thought that I remembered my Novice call sign, but wanted to be certain. I contacted my local ham club, and NL7XM's service was recommended to me by a highly respected member of my club. I gave it a try and 20 minutes after my inquiry, I had my old call sign and the date that it was effective. Amazing fast service! It is great to know that someone has been keeping track of old call signs. Thank you, NL7XM.

K6ZGW Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2018 15:28 Send this review to a friend
Provided a FCC approve copy of my '67 callsign   Time owned: months
I had my General License back in '67. I let it expire after I left the military and started college. I went back to the hobby after I retired and was studying for the General when I found Pete Vardounis in the Gordon West Book. I reached out to Pete and had an official copy from the '67 callbook showing my name and my assigned callsign. I submitted that to the VE and had my general back again. I also submitted the official callbook page to the FCC and was re-issued my original call sign.

Pete provides a great service.

73 de K6ZGW - barry

WA4LR Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2018 22:25 Send this review to a friend
GREAT JOB PETE  Time owned: months
SENT NL7XM my request for information on my Novice call sign, a couple of days and I had the info back great Job.

N5PSM Rating: 5/5 Sep 23, 2018 13:06 Send this review to a friend
Pete provides a vital service to Hams  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete quickly verified both my 1st and second Novice Licenses very quickly and I Am Joining the QCWA mostly due to his effort as an ambassador to the QCWA. Who will carry on the Legacy after Pete? It will be big shoes to fill.

K5VIP Rating: 5/5 Sep 20, 2018 22:01 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete kept me updated on the progress in getting my certificate produced and mailed.

As a 14 year old in 1959, it never occurred to me that I should keep my first license. Now that I'm getting nostalgic, Pete has provided the proof that I was in fact a ham in 1959. I've kept the same call sign all these years.

Much appreciated.

Barry Priddy - K5VIP/KG4BP

RRPISANI Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2018 17:21 Send this review to a friend
A-W-E-S-O-M-E  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I joined Red Cross and want to get back into ham radio. I started looking at old pictures of my shack to enlarge the license as evidence of my prior General Class WA2PVQ. No luck.

Then my old friend Skip talked with Pete and his research did the trick! Thank you, Pete :~)

73 Rich