Reviews Categories | Microphones for ham radio | Axis CM-3 Hi Output Condenser Microphone Help

Reviews Summary for Axis CM-3 Hi Output Condenser Microphone
Axis CM-3 Hi Output Condenser Microphone Reviews: 22 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $49.95
Description: AXIS cm3 condenser microphone
SPECIFICATIONS...Sensitivity: -44 ±3dB IMP-900ohms
• Current Consumption: 500μA
• Signal to Noise Ratio: 58dB
• Frequency: 50~16KHz
• Operating Voltage: 1.1V to 10V
More info: http://stores.ebay.com/audio-comm?_rdc=1

You can write your own review of the Axis CM-3 Hi Output Condenser Microphone.

KL4QG Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2019 22:45 Send this review to a friend
Best Mic for Omni 7  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I get very good reports with Omni 7 with 3000 BW and 100 roll off mic gain 15% compression at 33 setting
Friends say sounds like you on phone
Joe
Bethel AK

W4MMC Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2018 14:31 Send this review to a friend
Great Audio Reports...  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have used them all and this one gets more “good audio” reports than most. Money well spent.

KA2ZSD Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2018 10:10 Send this review to a friend
Nice sounding   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My Harris RF 3200 Hf takes Icom 8 pin microphone

This AXIS CM-3 CONDENSER MICROPHONE sure drives my Harris 3200 on SSB

Best sounding Mic I have found I get lots nice reports very good buy and very well made I like heavy duty heat wrap on cable

Joe
Sitka AK

K4CWO Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2018 14:59 Send this review to a friend
OUTSTANDING  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received the AXIS-CM3 and immediately mounted it on a boom with my own foot switch for my IC-756 PROIII. Changed the audio transmit characteristics with the EQ, NO COMPRESSION, and Bandwidth to WIDE. Mic Gain around 11 oclock. Used another radio to record my transmit audio and kept adjusting the Treble and Base on the PROIII until it sounded very good to my ears. Received very good audio reports from hams that I normally talked to. This is a very nice microphone, not real heavy. Excellent communications with Alan at AXIS (he needed to know which model ICOM I was going to use it on). Would recommend this mic to others.

KUFBASS Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2017 15:13 Send this review to a friend
Great for Icom756Pro3  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received this microphone today. I noticed previous reviews of this microphone using electrical tape and zip ties. Well the maker listened. Heat shrink is now used. I tried the microphone on 40meter band today. I have nothing but great audio reports over the stock mic I was using. I did order a foot ptt. switch and also a desktop microphone stand with a pop filter on front. For $49.99 you cannot go wrong with this. Microphone also feels like a well made, not cheap light plastic.

WB7BW Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2017 18:15 Send this review to a friend
Very very excellent mic  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased two of these mics...one for my TS-950 SDX and the other for my IC-781.I was using a Neumann 705 for both of the radios but after using these mics on my rigs the Neumann 705 had to go !
This mic sounds like ME on both rigs and the mic settings and vox settings are turned way down compared to the Neumann.This is one mic that will never leave my shack.I would not be ordering any other mic as this mic has the gain and frequency response for my voice. I would recommend this mic very highly to anyone.

KE8EC Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2017 09:14 Send this review to a friend
Great Purchase!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was needing a new mic for my Ten Tec Paragon II. I settled on the Axis CM3 after reading the reviews on this site.

Upon receiving my mic, I unpacked and noticed that it does have a nice quality feel and weight to it, not a cheap plastic mic. It was wired and ready to go, plugged it in and saw right away that I need to readjust my mic settings. This is a powerful mic and it drives the Ten Tec very well with little drive on from the unit. I will have no qualms about ordering another one when needed. Considering the cost of other good mics, I think this one is indeed a bargain.

W4GWW Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2017 16:59 Send this review to a friend
Excellent mic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this mic on ebay and it is great.I use it on my Yaesu FT-920 ( no eq ) and have been getting great audio reports. I would highly recommend this mic!

KC3GQB Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2016 11:41 Send this review to a friend
No issues on older radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Looked at one of these on Ebay and messaged the seller asking a question about it being used on a TS-440S, answered with 2 hours with the info I needed, I ordered next day. Arrived packed well and set up was a breeze, Mic feels nice, initial audio reports were too strong so I had to dial back the mic gain and find a comfortable distance but after that it works very well. The PTT switch is fine and basic, I may look for a foot switch, but for now, it works!

K1HH Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2015 15:02 Send this review to a friend
Great with my FT-450D!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wanted a boom mic pre-wired for my Yaesu FT-450D and I found it. Get unsolicited quality reports on my audio from a radio not-noted for its wide transmit bandwidth. The CM-3 is a definite improvement over the stock hand mic. Good price point too. I own a lot of mics, including high end studio mics. The CM-3 fills the bill for my use. Buy one; you won't be sorry. 73 Rodger K1HH