Categories | Ham Software/Apps - Other than logging | MRP40 Morse Decoder Help

Show all reviews of the MRP40 Morse Decoder

You can write your own review of the MRP40 Morse Decoder.

WA2TGE  Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2012 13:27  Send this review to a friend!
Great tool used correctly!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Been using this program for over a year now. I am good decoding to 20 - 22 wpm when the code is sent well. When the code is lousy or too fast MRP saves me a lot of time. I have compared the decoding function to CW Skimmer running both MRP and CW Skimmer simultaneously and MRP decoded more character correctly than CW Skimmer in my test. Sending is a a favorite part for me in that it makes my RA hands sound great. The keyboard gives me no difficulty at all where the SK, paddles and bugs make it very difficult to continue sending good CW after a few minutes. MRP functions either as immediate-keying or in type-ahead mode (pressing a send key when ready to transmit.) Macro capability make it suitable for contesting. It also offers a primitive loging function that saves time also. The learning curve is not steep but it will take a while to learn how to use the software with your radios. Keeping the RF gain backed off is critical to good decoding. I think it well worth the money. I think the support is great.