Categories | Ham Software/Apps - Other than logging | MRP40 Morse Decoder Help

Show all reviews of the MRP40 Morse Decoder

You can write your own review of the MRP40 Morse Decoder.

WA2TGE  Rating: 4/5 Aug 13, 2012 20:09  Send this review to a friend!
Nice addition to my shack  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using this software for two years and when I compare it to any other products it shows well. I have been pleasantly surprised with both cw and mcw transmission. While I don't use the type ahead buffer, it is available. I like the ability to type on the keyboard and have the text sent immediately. I use the decoding function when the cw is sent at a speed faster than I can copy. I have found that its decoding accuracy improves dramatically when the rf gain is backed down. This is probabably true for all cw decoders. Generally, the faster the cw, the better it decodes. Slow code allows more time for the agc to recover and put noise between the characters. There are some sloppy operators out there that can only be copied manualy, if at all. If the CW op can send with some degree of proficiency, this unit will copy it. My only complaint is the level of the documentation. Would prefer more information.