Categories | QRP Accessories | K-Board from QRPworks Help

Show all reviews of the K-Board from QRPworks

You can write your own review of the K-Board from QRPworks.

VA2SS  Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2016 05:31  Send this review to a friend!
A great addition for portable setup  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought this interface at the 2016 Hamvention. I was looking for a very portable solution since many years.

Let me say first that Sheldon and Steve, company owners, are known for giving an excellent support for their products. I previously owned a Ham Central Terminal a few years ago, and their quality support is awesome! Great communication!

I was looking for a very compact solution, and to be able to use a small keyboard to send predefined macros when doing digital modes using my KX3, and now my KX2 in the field. I'm still amazed by the simplicity of use of the product.

If your are looking for a very small solution, where the footprint that takes in your travel bag is important, this interface will meet your needs and more.

I was also looking to use minimalist setup to do digital modes. The Elecraft product are already doing that very well, so by using your favorite Elecraft transceiver with this interface, you have now a perfect match in the field.... a compact and effective solution to:

* to do digital modes easily in the field
* to send contest macros easily and manage serial number exchange
* to have message and rig control macro capabilities as well
* and more....

The software required to easily program a bunch of macros is also very well supported on Windows and Mac platform. You can also edit your own macros in the field too. The user manual is well written. That's make the interface very ease to use.

Great product! I highly recommend this keyboard interface for the Elecraft transceivers product line!