Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur HF+6M+VHF+UHF models - not QRP <5W | FlexRadio FLEX-6600/6600M Help

Show all reviews of the FlexRadio FLEX-6600/6600M

You can write your own review of the FlexRadio FLEX-6600/6600M.

K9ZW  Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2018 19:10  Send this review to a friend!
Excellent all-in-one addition to the FlexRadio Systems product   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First as a disclaimer while I do have an early released Flex-6600M, the reason I have it early is FlexRadio Systems allowed me to purchase it at full price early under one of their test programs. I already have a Flex-6700 in each of my shacks

What atttacted me to the Flex-6600M is itís all-in-one capabilities while having all the other interfaces of my Flex-6700s.

While I can access the Flex-6600M through a separate Maestro, through a PC using SmartSDR for Windows, from my iMac using DogparkSDR, or from,y iPhone & iPad using SmartSDR for iOS, I can also just turn it on running it from the faceplate.

If youíve used a Maestro the front end of the Flex-6600M and its sibling the Flex-6400M will feel right at home. Upgraded, but the same experience.

When I would take a Flex-6700 or the Flex-6300 to the field for portable operations I had to drag a lot of parts. With the Flex-6600M I can eliminate a router and cables just grabbing the Flex-6600M on its own. And the Maestro with its cables and batteries also can stay home.

Iím working with pre-General Avalibility software, but that hasnít hindered my knocking out QSOs at will and having a lot of fun in the test process. Reports received have been very flattering.

Great rig and a welcome addition to the FlexRadio Systems product offerings. This oneís a keeper!