Categories | Antennas: HF: Verticals; Wire; Loop | RadioWavz Carolina Windom Help

Show all reviews of the RadioWavz Carolina Windom

You can write your own review of the RadioWavz Carolina Windom.

VE3HG  Rating: 3/5 Feb 17, 2019 12:37  Send this review to a friend!
UPDATE  Time owned: more than 12 months
Back in 2012 I gave RadioWavz 40-10 Carolina Windom a zero rating as I could not get it to load on any band. Now 7 years later needing a quick install (It's winter in Canada and I'm out working in the backyard in -10 degree C weather) and finding I can't get my trusty G5RV-JR up high enough to get the twin lead off the ground I found my much neglected RadioWavz Windom in a box. Up it goes about 25' in the air with the short leg at less than 45 degrees tied off to a chain-link fence and the long end strung across the yard. Both ends were only 5' above ground. And you know where this is going...the antenna loaded on 40, 20, 17, 15, 12 and 10. Now I haven't checked what the actual SWR is but my rig's ATU is tuning it and I am getting out (worked ZL during ARRL CX CW 2019 and others). So what to conclude? This antenna works despite my previous comments but I suspect it works depending a great deal on how and where it is installed. My original comments stand but I have found some happiness with the antenna and suggest it may work for you too.