Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | AlexLoop Walkham Portable HF Small Magnetic Loop Antenna Help

Show all reviews of the AlexLoop Walkham Portable HF Small Magnetic Loop Antenna

You can write your own review of the AlexLoop Walkham Portable HF Small Magnetic Loop Antenna.

KC4AUF  Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2019 13:02  Send this review to a friend!
The Alex Loop Anttna boarders on being magic  Time owned: more than 12 months

I worked EA6FO Balearic Islands during the recent 2019 International DX-CW contest on 2-17-2019 at 13:01UTC on 14.064. The interesting part is that I used a Yaesu FT-817nd, (4watts per my Bird 43 watt meter) into an Alex Loop antenna sitting on a tripod right behind my chair in the shack. That was 4146.2miles according to QRZ or 1036.55 miles per watt. I donít know if that is a record anywhere but considering the solar flux was only 69 I was very impressed. This was a practical experiment of the efficiency of Alex Loop Antenna under the worst conditions in the bottom of solar cycle #24. I not only use my Alex Loop Antenna for my ham radio QRP work but I find it to be a fabulous antenna for SWLing.
I emailed the CW operator at the EA6FO contest station Julio Isa Garcia EA3AIR explaining what I had done and here is his reply:

On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 20:28:30 +0100, Julio Isa Garcia wrote:
14064 CW 2019-02-17 1301 EA6FO 599 KW KC4AUF 599 VA 3
Dear Tony
This is a literal copy of my QSO with you in 20 meters.
I was going at a very calm rate, but I do not remember having any problems to copy you. Surely your signal was not 599 but I heard you well.
I inform you that the QSO is already uploaded to LOTW.
73 de Julio EA3AIR