Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur HF+6M+VHF+UHF models - not QRP <5W | ICOM IC-7300 Help

Show all reviews of the ICOM IC-7300

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-7300.

W4DXL  Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2019 16:25  Send this review to a friend!
Better Than Entry Level  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I must admit I bristle a bit when I hear the IC-7300 called an entry level radio. The 718 is and the 7200 are but not the 7300. It really doesn't leave most Amateurs wanting for much. Almost everything you could ask for is there and it's easy to access too! The menus make sense. I am not an Icom user, I've had a few but mostly had Yaesu so there is no bias here. The ability to see a signal a couple of KC away and not even a squeal or anything is great. I haven't had any problems with mine mor have I heard about any problem from the huge base of installed 7300's. Icom obviously has this one down to a science. My only wish is that the mic imput would handle a standard dynamic mic instead of needing an electret or high output dynamic. I used a mixer with my Heil PR781 until I started getting some RF in the line. I'll find the problem and get back to it but for now I'm using the Heil iCM-BG mic which works fine.