Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | Shireen, Inc. RFC600 coaxial Help

Show all reviews of the Shireen, Inc. RFC600 coaxial

You can write your own review of the Shireen, Inc. RFC600 coaxial.

NW2M  Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2019 17:28  Send this review to a friend!
Excellent, but not for faint of heart!   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
There is a local Shireen distributor about 5 miles from me in Germantown MD. I was about to place my order online when I asked it I could do a local pick-up to avoid shipping. He said yes. I arrived at their warehouse which had to have well over 4M feet of coax, CAT cables, connectors, etc. It was on a Sunday and he gave me a full tour of the facility. I paid with credit card and left with a 500 foot spool of RFC600 at $0.85 per foot. I rolled the 85 lbs spool right into my SUV. I ordered several silver/teflon/gold crimp-on connectors for N-type and UHF. The crimping tool with the large hex die was only $32 dollars- which also crimps the center pin. I was ready.

This cable is not for the faint of heart. It is very rigid having a large solid center conductor. The electrical specs are excellent for my needs and the physical characteristics are high quality. The center conductor alone is larger in diameter than a #6 AWG solid wire. Overall, it is 0.590 in diameter, which is where the "600" designation originates. This RFC600 cable is a perfect fit to exit port cushions or hangers for the 600 series cables (0.630 hole). My exit ports can hold up to 9 cables at the base of my tower thru buried conduit.

I am very likely to buy additional spools of cables from them due to their pricing, locality, hospitality, weekend hours, and quality of product. A great end-user experience all around. 73, Al