Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | Acom 1200 s Help

Show all reviews of the Acom 1200 s

You can write your own review of the Acom 1200 s.

KD0UYF  Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2019 17:33  Send this review to a friend!
Amazing  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have owned this amp for a few weeks now, and it is absolutely amazing! Looks beautiful and feels solid. Not light, but not too heavy. Full power with 240 volts, and even though the manual states 500 watts with 120 volts, I had no problems exceeding that.

Full rated power on all bands with 30-40 watts of drive. Most bands will do 1200 watts with no problem.

I have heard nothing but great things about the quality of my audio while using this amp. You can talk all day and never hear a fan speed up. When running digital and they do speed up, they're still not bothersome. There are 4 fan speeds, I haven't gotten past the first 2.

I like the layout of the screen, and the menus are very easy to navigate. Perhaps future firmware will add more options, but for now, I knew what I was getting and am completely satisfied.

I haven't had any problems with the protection circuitry being too sensitive, but perhaps my tuner and antenna are to thank for that. The only "alarm" its given me so far is for forgetting to change the band.

The customer service is great. I emailed them with a quick question, and had a response back from Val within hours.

For what its worth, i am using this with an Icom 7300, LDG AT-1000PROII, and a Myantennas EFHW-8010.

Obviously this is a "first impression" review, and ill come back in a few months and update it, but for now, this amp is an 11 out of 10!