Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Larsen NMO 2/70 Help

Show all reviews of the Larsen NMO 2/70

You can write your own review of the Larsen NMO 2/70.

KK9H  Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2019 14:40  Send this review to a friend!
Long time owner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought my first Larsen NMO 2/70 back in the mid-1980s to use with a Larsen magnet mount. It had a gray plastic coil on the bottom and an enclosed coil on the whip. That antenna lasted for over 25 years being shifted from car to car, taken on trips and used for too many volunteer events to count. It was also frequently used with the Larsen base station antenna kit for temporary base station setups. After all that time I replaced it with the current version and gave my original one to a friend who installed it on top of the mast on his sailboat. The NMO 2/70 works as described by others as a 1/2 wave on 2M and a double 5/8 wave collinear on 440. For me its performance has been solid and reliable. SWR measurements have always been perfectly acceptable in both mobile and temporary base configurations. I consider it to be the standard in durable and reliable long lasting dual band mobile antennas.