Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur HF+6M+VHF+UHF models - not QRP <5W | Elecraft K3s Help

Show all reviews of the Elecraft K3s

You can write your own review of the Elecraft K3s.

AB4PP  Rating: 5/5 May 17, 2019 18:10  Send this review to a friend!
AWESOME HF RIG  Time owned: more than 12 months
Got the rig as a retirement rig. Got the kit with all the extras and the 100W extra. Added the PD and built that too. Took 23 hours to complete. Instructions very easy to follow. The pile of screws, nuts and washers was very large. Used two 48 hole muffin tins to sort them all out and then commenced to build the rig. After the 23 hours I plugged it in and voila it worked fine. The book and the company said it came set up to use and was with all the updates. I took to one the Elecraft techs house and he fine tuned it for me. Took home and have been using since with great satisfaction. If I can hear them I can usually work them. The two antenna ports on the back are great for switching back and forth on the Beam and the Windom I use. I might add some more HF antennas and then have a 4 way switch to use for that. Totally satisfied user. Bought in 2016 and been using since with no problems. Highly recommend for anyone serious on CW or SSB.