Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur HF+6M+VHF+UHF models - not QRP <5W | ICOM IC-7610 Help

Show all reviews of the ICOM IC-7610

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-7610 .

WB3DYE  Rating: 2/5 May 18, 2019 18:23  Send this review to a friend!
PROBLEMS  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As you probably know some of the 7610 radios have had multiple problems since the first one rolled off the assembly line.
Icom issued firmware upgrades to fix the bugs. I waited a full year to buy a 7610, thinking all the bugs were delt with---Boy was I wrong--I've had the radio for three months and yet[font=Verdana] ANOTHER [/font]problem.
Black portions of the screen are turning milky white--Other operators report that problem PLUS some pre amps are failing!
Icoms first position was send the radio in and we'll replace the screen---but--we cant guarantee it won't fail again--Later admitting there was a problem I understand that Icom changed changed vendors and now new screens will be used.

I am an Icom man--Just about every piece of equipment I have is Icom.

But I have to take my 3 month old rig and send it in for service---PLUS I have pay to have it shipped!

In my opinion Icom did NOT properly beta test these radios---if they had the problems would have been caught in the lab, not by those of us who shelled out nearly $3,000.
For that price I expect the radio to arrive---set it up and it should work flawlessly for many years!