Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | Chameleon Modular Portable Antenna System (MPAS) 2.0 Help

Show all reviews of the Chameleon Modular Portable Antenna System (MPAS) 2.0

You can write your own review of the Chameleon Modular Portable Antenna System (MPAS) 2.0.

W5HRH  Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2019 23:22  Send this review to a friend!
This is an Outstanding portable antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had my CHA MPAS 2.0 kit for almost a month now and here are some of my preliminary findings. Thus far I've used only the CHA Hybrid-Micro, CHA MIL 2.0, CHA MIL EXT 2.0, 25ft counterpoise wire and mounting spike. It took me 10-15 minutes to set it all up, but now that I've done it, I know I can get it all up and operational in less than 5 minutes! The antenna is ground-mounted. I first paired the antenna with a Xiegu G90, 20-watt transceiver. I have worked stations on both the east coast and west coast of the U.S. and several stations in between. I then paired the MPAS with my Yaesu FT-891 and, that's the sweet spot duo. I run the 891 at 80 watts. For the most part, if I can hear it, I can talk to it. I'm not a Dx'er! On many occasions the MPAS rivals my 27-foot ZERO-Five verticle. SWR's on 20, 17, 15 and 12 meters are less than 2:1. SWR's on 40 and 10 meters 3.2:1 (the LDG 100 Plus gets that down to 1.5:1). On 75 meters at 3.900 MHz, the SWR is 2.9:1. The Xiegu G90 has its own built-in wide-range tuner and cleans up any SWR associated with this antenna as does the LDG. Bottom line, this is an outstanding antenna system and I would definitely recommend it to any ham radio operator who works portable, has HOA restrictions or just want to play with antennas. My hat goes off to the folks at Chameleon Antenna. Oh, I forgot to mention that Chameleon has a 25-page instruction .pdf manual for the CHA MPAS 2.0 at their website that contains a wealth of information about this system and antennas in general. Well done Chameleon! 73's, Rudy W5HRH