Categories | Ham Software/Apps - Other than logging | MRP40 Morse Decoder Help

Show all reviews of the MRP40 Morse Decoder

You can write your own review of the MRP40 Morse Decoder.

W5GW  Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2009 13:39  Send this review to a friend!
A very good CW decoder  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking for a good CW decoder as I typically copy just in my head, but like to get a 'fill' every now and then. CWGet does okay, but at times falls short on weak signals. MRP40 is much better in my opinion, especially on weak signals. The key to using almost any CW decoder is to disable AGC in your rig, if at all possible, and this program is no exception. Set audio level to a normal range and then use RF control to establish a good level of signal detection threshold. The included oscilloscope display provided helps some in performing this adjustment, but one can usually do it by listening to the volume of received CW audio levels. What I would like to see is an easier way to load multiple instances of the S/W, but the author was gracious to provide me a second key. I'd probably use it for sending if it had a WinKey interface like MixW does. SO for now, I use MixW as a typing buffer and this program to receive with - hey, it gives me an excuse to get dual monitors!