Manager

More Info: http://
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
0073.9
WD0FIA Rating: 2014-12-14
Good value, no issues. Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I bought one of these from Cheapham, and after a year of use thought I would buy another. You can't find them anywhere now. It has worked fine, no issues with it. Price was very reasonable for the output amps and quiet operation.
REMOVED_ACCOUNT_43729069 Rating: 2014-04-28
Switcher does not recover Time Owned: more than 12 months.
This power supply is susceptible to faults when the primary power is momentarily interrupted. This is not a sticking relay problem, as suggested in another review. This is a poorly designed switching power supply, which lacks the circuitry to automatically reset the power supply in the event of a fault. Such circuitry is common on most switching power supplies, but not this one. If a fault in the primary power occurs, the primary power must be removed in order to reset the power supply. Turning the primary power switch off and on is not sufficient to obtain relief from the issue. If you are using this power supply where you're going to be around to notice the fault and implement recovery, then this supply might work fine for you. I would not recommend this power supply for unsupervised operation (such as a repeater).
WV4I Rating: 2013-09-25
so far so good Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
I've also had this supply about six months to power a solid state amp with about 40 amps peak. Nice bright white backlit meter, no rf noise, fixed/adjustable voltage, volts/amps meter select, round terminals on back, lightweight. The 50 and 70 amp linear supplies are built like a tank, but just too heavy. I also like my Alinco switching supply, but max is 32 amp, not enough for my needs.
NT0A Rating: 2013-04-20
A Bargain Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
I've owned the power supply for more than six months. Works quite well. Would give it a 4.8, but there's no way to do that. I drive an IC-746 and related equipment on ALE 24/7. Only complaint is that when I have to shutdown for whatever reason, occasionally the unit will not turn on properly as if a relay is sticking. Turn it off and let it rest, and it springs into action. That's 0.2 worth of annoyance. Compared with competing products, the unit is a steal.
AB1EE Rating: 2013-01-26
Exellent PS Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I replaced my old Radio Shack 25 amp switching supply with the super quiet QJE PS50SWIII.
What a difference in noise with my Kenwood TS-570D. All the bands quieted down big time.
Now when I'm in QSO with others its great.!

Very much satisfied with it.
ab1ee
K4TXR Rating: 2012-08-21
Good buy for the money Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I was worried about switching supply noise. No noise heard, but it has a control if any is heard. Runs cool, and no problems so far. Purchased from Cheapham.com. A great company.
WX2S Rating: 2012-06-25
Voltmeter defective Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
The voltmeter is pinned when the voltage is properly adjusted. There is no way to calibrate the meter. Bummer. Other than that, the unit appears okay -- fixed 13.8V was spot on and there is not too much fan noise or switching noise.