Manager

Description:
A professionally engineered High-Quality,Heavy Duty, Light
Weight, Plug and Play no tuning necessary SIX amateur radio
bands 20-17-15-12-10-6 meters broadband hexagonal beam wire
antenna.Easy and quick to assembly. Made from high quality
components. Antenna designed by G3TXQ and made by SP7IDX.
More info on his website.
Product is in production
More Info: http://sp7idx-hexbeam.eu
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
94.81704.9
KP4OSP Rating: 2019-10-28
A superb antenna Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
The hexbeam antenna fabricated by Waldi (SP7IDX) is awesome. Great quality components and sturdy construction. The installation was super easy and straight forward. It took only an hour or so from start to finish to install it and get on the air. Great performance on the bands. After installation I took my analyzer to check SWR on all bands. Every band had an SWR of 1.5 or less across the entire band. I did not had to adjust anything. Worked perfectly out of the box. If you are looking for a hexbeam, look no further and contact Waldi. His customer service is exceptional, a great person to deal with.
EI2HI Rating: 2019-09-11
Great Antenna Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have this antenna over one year now..Its installed on a tiltover mast that extends up to 36ft. To date I must say that I am very happy with this antenna. It has survived very strong storms over the last winter as I am in an exposed location here in the south west part of Ireland. The antenna is well constructed with good quality components and parts. Assembly is straight forward and I found that all correspondence with Waldi was prompt and informative. The antenna performs very well on all bands and has lived up to my expectations. So if you are prepared to wait some time after making the order, I highly recommend this SP7IDX Hexbeam antenna.
SP9XWW Rating: 2019-09-05
Great Hexbeam Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Very good workmanship from durable materials. Rich assembly instructions, mainly photos. Easy assembly. Good wind resistance. The size is impressive. :) Efficiency of improving station reception by +10 dB (FT-8) compared to the wire antenna Delta type by SP7LA. A good choice as a directional antenna. I recommend Waldi's construction.
MM3AWD Rating: 2019-08-25
Opens a new world Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Received my SP7IDX Mark 3 Heavy Duty Hexbeam from Waldi just 1 month after ordering.
When it arrived i put it together in a few hours and had it on the mast that day.

Construction was very simple, with easy to follow instructions sent by email when the antenna is dispatched.

All parts of the antenna are finely made and of great quality, this is an antenna that will withstand the harshest of weather we get here, with ease!

SWR across all of the 6 bands on my antenna are no higher than 1.3:1.

I am mainly a Contester and Dx'er using no more than 5 Watts at any time, so stepping up to this antenna from wires at home, has opened a new world , i am actually hearing much more (as to be expected) and being heard easier.

First QSO with the antenna was 7P8JK on 20m SSB, with 5 Watts he heard me first time and gave me a 59.

If you are looking for a small footprint antenna, that is easy to construct, with gain, then i highly recommend the SP7IDX Hexbeam.

Service and production is second to none from Waldi.
You wont be disappointed. I certainly am not.

73, Scott
MM3AWD
DM2FX Rating: 2019-07-26
HEXBEAM MARK III HD Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I ordered my new model HEXBEAM MARK III HD on 2019-05-30 the antenna arrived 2019-06-29. Great and perfect delivery time! Waldi explained me that normally the delivery time, will take more time, normally. The Aim was, after my summer vacation, to bring the Beam in the Air. Actually it is now mounted on a 10m BigLift (pneumatic-mast) - it works fine! SWR on all bands is ok, it was not necessary to do additional adjustment. I’ve got the assembly manual via Email from Waldi, but it’s not necessary to print it out, because everything is self-explaining and the spreaders are used as a sample were to fix the clamps. At some bands I have had to do some re-fixing, because the wires are too loose. The used material and the workmanship are perfect so I think I will be able to use this antenna for a long time. Antenna is in excellent working conditions as everything fits and all ropes and elements are well prepared and ready for use, so it's a pleasure to work with.
Waldi is providing excellent services.
Very fast response from Waldi with any questions, fast shipping.
The first QSO’s (DXCC) with my new Beam was Chile, Peru, New- Zealand, Argentina, South- Africa…….. fully different like with my wire Dipoles before 
Thanks to Waldi.
73s de Sven DM2FX
IK1HGE Rating: 2019-07-24
Moderately satisfied Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Antenna received in 4 months. CW version. The positions of the wire holders on the example rods prepared by the producer were completely wrong because, after positioning the wire holders on all the other rods in the same manner,the antenna wires were hanging down, like 30cm below. I asked Waldi who said to move the plastic holders. So, I had to work for days in my spare time to have the antenna workable with an acceptable SWR on all bands (apart from 6m band). Now the antenna works and it's directional, however the directivity must be rather low as I keep working DX stations from any direction without rotating it. Unfortunately, at first heavy rain (consider that I live in a place with relatively strong wind) the antenna was damaged, nothing serious, just a matter of replacing a rope, but I had to ground it for repairings. Nevertheless, I recognize that I am having better DX activity results in respect to what I could do with my dipoles on the balcony.
K3ZZM Rating: 2019-07-13
WOW- Great Beam Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Ordered in FEB 2019 and received it 3 most and 6 days later. Took two days to assemble and install on my Roof tower approx 10 M in air. SWR on all bands immediately after installation was literally less than 1.17 : 1 on all bands except 6 M which was approx 1.5:1. WOW it came that way just by following Waldi's instructions No tuning needed. Went in to shack an hour later and made first QSO to London England and later that eve Australia. Listened to Hawaii and New Zealand but no QSO..Never have done that before. So the beam takes about 2-3 hours to put together. I had put up tower a month ago and it was waiting with Rotor already set up. I found a nice 7ft Schedule 40 SS mast that fit perfectly into the Antenna base plate.

The quality of the components seems to be excellent and certainly go together nicely and look great. Early performance has been excellent. We have had a few storms wind and rain and Beam hardly moved at all. Our gusts were 30-40 mph ... for us in Pennsylvania that is high.

Have recommended others to get this beam as it is already a Heavy Duty version as it is made and does not have to be upgraded. Thanks Waldi for delivering on all you said it would do. 73's
ON8EI Rating: 2019-06-29
Top antenna. Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Waldi delivers a great antenna that works oh so good and very pleasing on the eye. I waited 2 months or so but this was not a problem as I was getting my crankup tower in situ. My friend ON8VT who has this antenna put it all together and set it up. No tuner needed and all swr below 1.5 One week on I have no regrets. If you order have patience with Waldi, the antenna was really well packed. I look forward to using my antenna. 73's JD.
DL3KDS Rating: 2019-06-27
Great antenna Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I ordered on 2019-02-09 the antenna arrived 2019-05-08. This was not a problem, because I was aware about a long delivery time. Actually it is now mounted on a 10m geroh-mast (crank-mast) - it works fine! SWR on all bands is ok, it was not necessary to do additional adjustment, exept 50mc wich has to be shortened a little bit (up to now not yet done!). There was no assembly manual - wich is not necassary as everything is self explaining and the spreaders are used as a sample were to fix the clamps. The used material and the workmanship is perfect so I think I will be able to use this antenna for a long time. Antenna is in excellent working conditions as everything fits and all ropes and elements are well prepaired and ready for use, so it's a pleasure to work with. Thanks to Waldi.
73s de Ernst DL3KDS
SP7PKI Rating: 2019-05-08
Excelent build quality Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Hi dear,
Antenna in our radio club over two years, absolutely no problem. Exclusive antenna with good price, very High Quality components.
Waldi is providing excellent services in the case of any problem.
Very fast response from Waldi with any questions, fast shipping
We recommend!