Manager

Description:
A professionally engineered High-Quality,Heavy Duty, Light
Weight, Plug and Play no tuning necessary SIX amateur radio
bands 20-17-15-12-10-6 meters broadband hexagonal beam wire
antenna.Easy and quick to assembly. Made from high quality
components. Antenna designed by G3TXQ and made by SP7IDX.
More info on his website.
Product is in production
More Info: http://sp7idx-hexbeam.eu
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
94.81704.9
EA3NT Rating: 2016-03-22
Great results for expeditions Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
Having used this antenna in the S79C expedition, beyond the results (working and hearing any part of the world with a 3-element yagi) I found specially comfortable the security of having from 6m to 20m covered with one only antenna at 1:1 SWR, enabling me to switch bands immediately, without unplugging/plugging any connector. This, in a home-based QTH, is the standard and you have everything ready, but things change when you have to go abroad and set-up a temporary station with a portable antenna. This antenna offers all what one can need, making you feel as comfortable as at home.

Once you get used setting it up, it becomes a must-have antenna for any expedition.

Not to mention Waldi's attention before and after buying it ! Such a helpful guy and committed with the quality of his product.

You won't regret.
HA2ERO Rating: 2016-03-03
The antenna is good, the customer handling needs development. Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
I ordered the antenna in 2015 spring time and use it since more than 6 months. Waldi made solid engineering on the antenna. Mechanically stable, good qaulity of material, well performing in the bands. Comparing to verticals I used before; it is a big step ahead. Much higher chance to break up pile ups and much better receiving performance. It will not beat monobanders but it was not even designed to do so. It will provide you the performance you can expect from a small 2 element. Based on these facts the antenna is truely a 5.

But!

I cannot ignore the fact that when I ordered and paid it in advance Waldi promised to deliver in 1 months but I had to wait for 3. That time I contactd some of the users and some guys who were waiting for the antenna being delivered, they had the same problem. I know one fellow ham waiting right now for his one after 3 months so Waldi obviously cannot keep the 1 month timing. Of course I contacted Waldi by mail several times to define a shipment date and commit to that but he never gave defined answer.
To be fair: I have never heard that someone did not get the antenna at all. So it is only question of time and patience.

Conlusion:
If 3-4 month leadtime is fitting in your plan I recommend it. If you need it urgently, then find anothe resource.
DL8AW Rating: 2016-03-02
Solid antenna Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
We were lucky to get a Hexbeam in Waldis DXpedition Sponsorship programme. The material of mast and antenna give the impression of being very robust and storm safe. All used materials are high-quality. It is easy to setup the antenna - no plan is needed. As the sponsored Hexbeam was tested already, high SWR was never a problem - it fits the amateur radio bands quite well.

Unfortunately the equipment arrived only one day before departure to Croatia. During our plannings we were unsure, if the Hexbeam would arrive in time.
Conclusion: It is a very nice and high-quality antenna, but be aware of long delivery times and order.

After Waldi sponsored a Hexbeam for our expedition, we decided to buy mast and antenna for further expeditions. We will take it to our next Expedition to Palagruza Island in May 2016.

Thanks for your Sponsorship programme,
DL8AW / 9A8DXG
Coburg DX Group www.codxg.org
SQ1EIX Rating: 2016-02-16
Excellent Product A+++ Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
Excellent antenna with a very good price, does not take up to much space in the yard, very good quality components.
Amazing Peformance !!
I'm very pleased with this antenna. I can easily make contacts, and often break through pile ups on the first try. The antenna was simple to assemble upon instruction step by step, a lot of pictures
Low SWR, they coax for 6 bands was as advertised - with no tuner required on any bands.
High quality of materials
My antenna has endured winds of 100km per hour, often at my high winds
Very fast response from Waldi with any questions
It is a fantastic antenna with incredible receive ... get it up in the air and enjoy.
I highly recommend it.
EA7JQA Rating: 2016-02-16
Excellent antenna Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
I installed this antenna at the end of November, previously I used a dipole alpha delta, with which I was really happy.

With Hexbeam of Waldi, the change has been truly spectacular, it's another world.

The antenna is very well made with good materials, and easy to install, works like a charm, I don´t have to use antenna tuner in any band.

It is light, and a large tower installation and large rotors is not required.

It is true that we must wait a little,to Waldi you serve it, but it's worth the wait, in addition to, Waldi answer all emails will write on the manufacturing process of the antenna.

My antenna has endured winds of 85 km per hour, and that's as first day

Honestly it is an excellent antenna.
EI9KJ Rating: 2016-02-16
SP7IDX Hexbeam Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
My SP7IDX Hexbeam has survived a number of very strong Atlantic storms this winter. Winds gusted to 150 kph on a number of occasions. The engineering of this antenna is excellent. When I did run into a problem with an open circuit centre post cable, Waldi, in Poland immediately provided me with a replacement without charge. That is excellent back up service from the builder of this antenna.
HB9DQP Rating: 2016-01-28
Excellent! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
After waiting for 5 months, I finally got it!
The quality of craftsmanship is excellent.
73 dx

Raoul HB9DQP

KW7F Rating: 2016-01-07
Well engineered hexbeam Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
After moving from Texas to Oregon and finally having a home that was not in an HOA, it was time to finally put up a decent antenna. I decided on a hexbeam because it had the right combination of cost, performance, and modest mast requirements. After researching available models I decided to order the SP7IDX hexbeam. It seemed to me that it had the best engineered hub. I was aware of the time it was likely to take to get to me. I ordered the hexbeam from Waldi in December 2014 and it arrived in March 2015. The worked well for me as the rainy season pretty much stopped by then. I paid $725 which included shipping. Because of an unexpected delay in the shipping of the SP7IDX mast I did not get the antenna installed until September 2015.

I found the SP7IDX hexbeam to be superbly engineered. It was easy to assemble. I mounted it on the flat roof of my detached carport with a Yaesu G-800SA rotator base mounted. My QTH is on the side of a hill which has implications for the hexbeam. The resonance varies depending on which way the beam is pointed. However, the measured SWR is a bit lower than Waldi's published values on all bands regardless of direction. I was blown away by how quiet this antenna is. I have high RFI at my QTH, typically S5-S7 when using my OCF dipole. This drops to S1-S3 with the hexbeam. I easily copy weak signals that were buried in the noise on the dipole. My first contact was Japan, the 4th was Falkland Island. Here are resonance/SWR measurements when the hexbeam is pointed east:

20M: Resonance at: 14,239,600 Hz

SWR: 1.36 ReturnLoss: 16.4dB
BandWidth @1.5SWR : 1,950 KHz
BandWidth @2.0SWR : 4,990 KHz

KP4KD Rating: 2015-12-15
My apologies for the confusion! Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
This review was intended for the G3TXQ Hexbeam by Ant, MW0JZE, which the one I purchased and installed. I am extremely pleased with this antenna. I apologize for any confusion!

"I wanted to upgrade from vertical and long wire antennas and decided on this idea given some space limitation and positive reviews from many. I am very pleased with the decision and have to congratulate Ant for the excellent quality of the product, its ruggedness, and ease of assembly. Ant does a magnificent job in detailing the process for assembly and his instructional videos on the site are a very helpful source of information. He is also readily available on email for support. The Hex has worked flawlessly from day one and, as the old saying goes, "if I can hear them, I can work them!"

----------------------
Earlier 5-star review posted by KP4KD on 2015-12-03

S58J Rating: 2015-12-03
Space technology for small antennas Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Buttom line: If you want a piece of real action on HF, but you don't have enough real estate for big antennas and towers this is the antenna for you. You wan't be sorry!

I am simply amazed about this antenna. When unpacked and after inspecting the parts you have to say big WOW. Used materials, organization of parts, the quality, precision .... you have the feel that you are handling with the space technology.

Assembly is easy but it takes longer then suggested. On the other hand it is fun. Manual needs some refinements in terms of English, but no big issue since there are many photos included which they need no further explanation.

Performance: plug and play, no tuning needed, thats it! SWR great, F/B decent but do not expect a large antenna performance. On the other hand I was really plesantly suprized how well it works. The antenna is so light that it is easily turned with my spare TV rotator (AR 303). For the money it is a clear winner!

The reference for my assesment about the performance: CQ WW CW 2015. Due to some logistical issues I could not put the antenna on my tower, but I have to use my portabel mast instead, and the antenna ended only 8,5m above the ground. Keep in mind that I am comming from big towers and big antennas experience and performance of the two. So during the contest all Saturday was lost for plan B - putting the antenna on alternate mast on second location. Than finaly the contest. During 15 hours of my partication I worked 760 QSO, 37 Zones and 94 DXCC countires. Actually I heard all 40 Zones and way more countries but I was really drag into running mode because I had a blast calling CQ. West Coast, Australia, Pacific, Japan .... no problem. Breaking into the pile-ups.... no problem either. Again the antenna was only 8,5m above the ground (some 28 feet) and the power used was 1kW.

G3TXQ, with his development of the antenna, should be given Nobel Prize for the contribution into HAM World. And Waldi, SP7IDX should be rewarded for the outstanding and affordable implemenation of it. I hope this brings the idea about the antenna performance. You can check the photo of the antenna from my location (QRZ.COM), taken during the beautifull morning lights.

Best regards