Manager

Description:
A professionally engineered High-Quality,Heavy Duty, Light
Weight, Plug and Play no tuning necessary SIX amateur radio
bands 20-17-15-12-10-6 meters broadband hexagonal beam wire
antenna.Easy and quick to assembly. Made from high quality
components. Antenna designed by G3TXQ and made by SP7IDX.
More info on his website.
Product is in production
More Info: http://sp7idx-hexbeam.eu
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
94.81704.9
DG4SBZ Rating: 2018-11-28
heavy duty quality - very long delivery time Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
The hexbeam I am talking about is made by SP7IDX - quality is unbetable, but his answer and delivery times are terrible. Waldi delivered the HexBeam Mark III after 3 months, exactly one day before I started my vacation to "Langeoog" (Langeoog is one of the East Frisian Islands in northwest Germany), the beam was delivered well packed. Very last minute delivery HI !
After one and a half hours, the antenna was set up at the site. I used a Kenwood TS 480SAT with 100W output. The DX conditions were unfortunately very bad at that time - but some QSO to USA and South America on 20m were possible. Unfortunately, I did not have much time for further tests. Overall, the HExBeam Mark III makes a very stable impression. I will do some more tests on my next vacation.
IZ4HEO Rating: 2018-10-14
A good antenna for any reasons Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
I have bought it last year and after waiting for a while, I received it in a very fast shipping. It is realized only with very high quality materials and installing it is very simple: I was alone and I had no problems in fixing it on my mast as it weights only 9 kg. The performance are very very good and reflect perfectly swr graph presented by Waldi. I had no problem at all with wind. Above all I like the advantage of having six band always available without tune needing and the small size that allow its installation everywhere. Installation manual is very clear and rich of example pictures.
EA2AJB Rating: 2018-10-06
Excellente Antenna and Well Made. Time Owned: more than 12 months.
It is almost 7 years ago I put up my hexbeam on the roof. In 7 years only 5 clamps broken due to hailstone storm, so very satisfied with the materials of this antenna made by waldi. The antenna performs very well. I recommend this antenna 100 per cent to every ham. 73. Andres/EA2AJB

----------------------
Earlier 5-star review posted by EA2AJB on 2013-01-10

I am really surprised with the performance of this awesome antenna. A friend of mine Elan/G0UUT talk to me for the first time about the Hexbeam antenna, to be the best option for my QTH.. I was getting info from different makers in the world and studying characteristic, design technology and prices etc. and finally I decided to purchase the one built by Waldi/SP7IDX for its quality materials and the way in dealing with him. There is an after and before since I own this wonderful antenna. I purchased my Hexbeam in November 2012 but I stand by to put up the antenna due to high winds in the area and bad weather conditions. Finally when weather was better I put it up on the roof of the house mounted on a small tower of 2 meters high with bearing in the top and on a stainless steel mast of about 3 meters, so the antenna is about 3 meters 10 centimeters over the roof and 11 meters from the ground. To move the antenna I use a small rotator Yaesu G-450C, which is more than enough to move this light antenna of about 9 kilos.. I assembly the antenna directly on the roof in order to avoid to lift the antenna from the back of my garden. It took me about 3 hours to assembly the hexbeam on the roof, because you have to move very carefully there. Once the antenna was assembled, I put it up in the stainless steel mast with the help of my wife, pointing to the north, and I tested the antenna on all bands, firstly with one transceiver Yaesu FT-990Ac. The results were SUPERB: Bye Bye the antenna tuner. SWR in all bands were 1:1 except for 20 meters with SWr 1:3/1:4. Now I listen to stations that I cannot hear before with my vertical cushcraft MA5V and the G5RV. Then I tested the antenna with two other transceivers: ICOM 746 and ICOM 756 Pro 2. The results were the same except for 20 meters with SWr 2:2. Too High, so I try to find out what was the problem. Finally I sort out the problem in the coax cable between the antenna switch and the transceivers.. Now is Ok and again GOOD BYE to the Antenna Tuner. The next days I tested the antenna in the morning beaming the hexbeam to the west 270 degrees and using the long path to Japan and New Zealand. very soon the japaneese stations started to answer to my CQ, with real signals of 599. I was really astonished. I worked some JA staions and also ZL with real signals of 599 again. So I am very satisfy and happy with the performance of this hexbeam antenna built by Waldi/SP7IDX. I recommend this antenna to everybody, and all the money invested in the purchase of this product is worth it. I am sure This Hexbeam is going to give me a lot of satisfaction and fun. Waldi made a good work in the construction od this wonderful antenna and also is very nice to deal with him. Best 73 to all and hope to meet you boys on air. Andrés/EA2AJB
----------------------
Earlier 5-star review posted by EA2AJB on 2013-01-10

I am really surprised with the performance of this awesome antenna. A friend of mine Elan/G0UUT talk to me for the first time about the hexbeam antenna, to be the best option for my QTH. I was getting info from different makers in the world and studying characteristics, design technology, prices etc, and finally I decided to purchase the one built by Waldi/SP7IDX fot its quality materials and the way in dealing with him. There is an After and Before since I own this Wonderful antenna. I purchased my Hexbeam in November 2012 but I stand by to put up the antenna due to high winds and bad weather. Finally when weather was better I put it up on the roof mounted on a small tower of 2 meters high with bearing in the top and on a stainless steel mast of about 3 meters, so the antenna is about 3 meters 10 centimeters over the roof and 11 meters from the ground. To move the antenna I use a small rotator Yaesu G-450C, which is more than enough to move this light antenna. I assembly the antenna directly on the roof in order to avoid to lift the antenna fron the back of my garden. It took me about 3 hours to assembly the hexbeam on the roof, because you have to move very carefull there. Once the antenna was assembled, I Put the antenna in the stainless steel mast, with the help of my wife, pointing to the North and I tested the antenna on all bandas, firstly with one Transceiver Yaesu FT-990AC. The results were SUPERB: Bye Bye The Antenna Tuner. All bands SWR 1:1 except for 20 meters with SWR 1:3/1:4. Now I listen to the Stations that I cannot hear before with my vertical cuschcraft MA5V and my G5RV. Then I tested the Hexbeam with two other Transceivers: ICOM 746 and ICOM 756 pro 2. The results were the same except on 20 meters with SWR 2:2. Too High, so I try to find out what was the problem. Finally I sort out the problem in the coax cable between the antenna switch and the Transceivers. Now is OK. And Again Good bye to the Antenna Tuner. The next days I tested the antenna in the Morning beaming the Hexbeam to the west 270 degrees and using the Long Path with Japan and New Zealand. very soon the japaneese stations started to answer to my CQ with real signals 599. I was really astonished. I worked some JA stations and also New Zealand with real signals again 599. So I am very satisfy and happy with the performance of This hexbeam antenna buit by Waldy/SP7IDX. I recommend tis antenna to everybody, and all the money ivested in the purchase of this product is worth it. I am sure This Hexbeam is going to give me a lot of satisfaction and fun. Waldi made a good work with the construction of this Wonderful Antenna and also nery nice to deal with him. Best 73 to all and hope to meet you on air. Andrés/EA2AJB
DL5NDA Rating: 2018-09-24
Macht Spaß Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Hallo YLs und OM.
Anfang letzter Woche wurde mir der Hexbeam geliefert. Am Dienstag begann ich mit der Montage am Boden. Nach gut einer Stunde war die Antenne zusammengebaut. Das hat richtig Spaß gemacht. Am Mittwoch konnte ich nur vormittags "mein Zeug" machen. Also Kabel vorbereiten, Werkzeug aufs Dach schaffen und nochmal alles im Kopf durchgehen. Donnerstag früh dann die Aktion auf dem Dach. Nach Abbau der Vertikal wurde die Hex aufs Dach geschafft. Meine Frau und unser Sohn haben mich dabei unterstützt. Es war nicht ganz einfach den Beam aufs Dach und an den Mast zu bringen. Elf Meter über Grund auf einer am Mast lehnenden und gesicherten Leiter macht man das nicht jeden Tag. Das Gewicht der Antenne kam mir da sehr entgegen. Die ganze Aktion, Vertikal runter Hex rauf, dauerte gut zwei Stunden. Das Verlegen der Kabel nochmal etwa eineinhalb. Anschließend der Probebetrieb. Das SWR paßt auf allen Bändern, unter 1.5. Gestern besuchte uns dann "Fabienne". Der Herbststurm fegte mit bis zu 120 Km/h über unser Dorf hinweg. Die Antenne hat es überstanden. Ich halte sie für ein gutes Produkt und eine gute Lösung fürs Einfamilienhäuschen oder Reihenhaus.
Leider ist da das Problem mit der Lieferzeit, bei mir 7 1/2 Monate. Ich hoffe für Waldi er bekommt das in den Griff. Zum Einen lebt er anscheinend davon zum anderen sollten auch andere YLs und OM die Chance auf solch eine Antenne haben dürfen.

Danke Waldi.

Karl, DL5NDA
DL5BL Rating: 2018-09-15
bester Bausatz Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
Perfekt eingepackt angekommen, alles vorhanden.
Zunächst den Hauptteller und die Streben vorbereitet. Dann innerhalb einer Stunde alles zusammengebaut - viel Freude dabei gehabt.
Eine Anleitung ist nicht nötig!
jetzt brauch ich noch einen Mast dazu
Vielen dank, Waldi!
73 aus Oebisfelde, Bernd DL5BL
CT3HY Rating: 2018-08-05
Good quality antenna! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Yes i waited long time for the antenna to arrive, i think a little to much.
But for the antenna itself, was built with a excellent quality materials and exceeded my expectation. I recommend.
W6DOF Rating: 2018-07-04
Perfect right out of the box. Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I had a bit of a wait to get the antenna, but it was well worth it. Waldi builds a very finished and very professional antenna. Everything fits together perfectly. When built, on a test stand at only 3 feet, the SWR was below 1.5 on all bands with NO adjustments. At 35 feet, the SWR is below 1.3 on all bands and is less than 1.1 across the entire 20 meter band. The performance reflects the beautiful fit and finish.
VA3LUK Rating: 2018-06-17
Good quality but need some tuning on 6,10 and 12 m Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I waited for an antenna about 2 months, which is not bad for me. Easy assembly and very good workmanship. I only had 2 problems with the anntena. After installation, I had to spend about 2 hours to tune up 6m band because the swr 1.1 was much below 50 MHz. At the time of tuning 6 m, the swr on 12 meters went to the top but I also managed to do it. A 10-meter band also needed matching to 28,500. which took a few minutes for me too. I did everything, and now it's ok. Antenna is working great. 2 weeks ago I had gusty wind up to 80 km/h and antenna survived. Although I had to devote some time to tuning 6m 12m and 10m I still recommend to buy the antenna from SP7IDX.
SM0CUH Rating: 2018-06-12
Compact Multiband Antenna Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I was looking for the possibility to activate more bands including the WARC bands, but it always boiled down to the fact of limited space til I found the Hexbeam. It covers all bands from 6m to 20m and fits a small garden. SWR is very low on all bands and the Tuner is not necessary so I can quickly scan the higher bands to check for activity. An extra bonus: The Tuner disconnected releases about 5% extra output power from my ICOM Rig!
The 7meter aluminum mast offers a neat installation, and most people passing by do not even notice the antenna is there. XYL was upset when the Hex was assembled but up in the air it looks small and now fully accepted. Believe it or not but I erected the mast myself and I am not a strong man. We had strong winds the other day and I saw no problems, but I plan to lower the top section of the mast by ten centimeters or so to make it more robust at the end of the summer.
I am very excited about my Hex and it is so quick and easy to switch between different bands.
A Rotator is on my wish-list and I plan to put it on ground level.
OH2FUW Rating: 2018-06-05
great Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Hello! I ordered an antenna from Waldi in September last year and get it in March this year, exactly six months later. This is probably the only negative point, the rest of the antenna is simply great! Taking advantage of the early warm summer, I collected it last week and installed it on a self-made mast 10.5 meters high. Excellent performance, excellent quality and excellent features make this antenna irreplaceable for me. In late July, I'm traditionally going to rest on the island of Rhodes (SV5) and I want to take this antenna with me to participate in the IOTA Contest. I rate "excellent" 5, despite the long delivery it does not affect the quality of this antenna in any way. 73!