Manager

Description:
A professionally engineered High-Quality,Heavy Duty, Light
Weight, Plug and Play no tuning necessary SIX amateur radio
bands 20-17-15-12-10-6 meters broadband hexagonal beam wire
antenna.Easy and quick to assembly. Made from high quality
components. Antenna designed by G3TXQ and made by SP7IDX.
More info on his website.
Product is in production
More Info: http://sp7idx-hexbeam.eu
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
94.81704.9
SQ2BNM Rating: 2018-03-02
Excelent quality Hexbeam Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Waldi has designed and produced an excellent product. All components are made of high quality materials. The fit and finish Is superb. Easy to assemble and install. Very good price. This works very fine and SWR is still low.
Best regards Waldi and weiting for next Hexbeam construction . Congratulations !!
4Z5UY Rating: 2018-02-03
A great antenna Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
A professionally made antenna, made from the best quality material.
You have to be patient with Waldi, but it is worth waiting.
PD1ROT Rating: 2018-02-02
Great quality by Waldi! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
In my urban enviroment this is a good choice. The product is robust, easy to assemble. Very good quality materials and excellent finishing touch. No adjustment required, every band was far below 1:1,2. Also no worries during a storm, it is not wind direction sensitive.
Quick email replies from Waldi if you have any questions. Service is very good.

If you are not in a hurry to put a hexbeam on your roof, Waldi is the place to order your hexbeam. Took me 4 month to receive the hexbeam after ordering. But it is worthwhile waiting. As stated above excellent quality.
PA0M Rating: 2018-01-05
good choice, roubust beam Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
In my urban enviroment this was a good choice. DX results are perfect even in poor conditions, The product is robust, easy to assemble, even on your own. Neighbours find it a funny looking thing. I painted the spreaders grey so you can hardly see it (see streetview). No adjustment required, every band was far below 1:1,2. Also no worries during a storm, it is not wind direction sensitive and can turn on a small rotor. The tree allow only 3m50 radius and this was the best there fits, great choice.
9A6RT Rating: 2018-01-02
Great antenna Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have this antenna more than 3 years, and It has survived all wind strikes (more than 180km/h). Finally 18MHz element broke. Since it is not the top one, not under any stress, and there was dead seagull on the roof, I can only assume what happened. Wrote mail to Waldi for new element, and got reply in a 30 minute time. Otherwise, antenna behavior is superb. Low SWR on all bands, quite good directivity (2 elements only). Survived all storms and winds, very robust construction. Only what I can say is go ahead Waldi with this high quality product and excellent support.
9A6RT, Alan
VO1XT Rating: 2017-11-02
Excellent quality Hexbeam Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I have the Hexbeam at 45 feet on a telescopic tower and it is performing exceptionally well. 2 elements on 6 bands with one feedline!! Simple urban solution for ham radio. Time will tell if it will stay in the air with our ice and wind....
As with other comments.... if you don't mind waiting 4 months to get your Hexbeam, order one.....I would buy another without hesitation.
DL2FDJ Rating: 2017-11-01
Very good beam Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I just received my Hexbeam from Waldi. I ordered the HD version and paid extra for extradited shipping. Two weeks after I ordered, it was shipped to me. The beam was well packed and no missing parts. Building the antenna was easy and fast. Fixing the element arms took most of the time, about one hour. Setting up the antenna took another hour.

The build quality is superb. Not to be compared with MFJ antennas. I have a MFJ 1835H Cobbweb and it is rather flimsy. This hexbeam is solid but very light. I mounted it on a 6m telescopic mast and it worked like a charm.The performance is great. Comparing it to a Cushcraft A3S yagi, it shows at least equal performance but a much better bandwidth. My TL-922
Is waiting to test the power rating but I expect no bad surprises. Thank you Waldi for this great antenna!

DL2FDJ, Hagen
DL3BBR Rating: 2017-11-01
Well designed Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
Well designed and qualitative high rated product

I got the antenna 3 Month after purchasing. The assembling of the antenna was easy and didn`t take much time.
The contact with Waldi via email was quick. The product is well build and the material is high quality.
The performance of the antenna couldn`t be tested yet because the telscopic tower is still delivered.
When the antenna is up in the air I will give a update of the assessment.
9A3PG Rating: 2017-10-26
OK Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Excellent antenna with a good price, , very good quality components.
I'm very pleased with this antenna.
OE3OSA Rating: 2017-10-24
Grear performer Hexbeam Antenna Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
Having used the antenna since June2017 with great success, I'm very happy with it. Performance of the antenna is great, and one can find it often on the bands. Upbeat is Waldi's support. Friendly, competent and fast! I would buy it again if needed.

----------------------
Earlier 5-star review posted by OE3OSA on 2017-07-06

I received the shippment 2 Month after my order. That is totally acceptable for the quality delivered. I managed to break one of the mounting screws on the green mounting devices. Waldi was sending 2 screws and also 1 of the green clamps free of charge within 4 days! Thats Ham Spirit and professional support. Putting the Antenna on the rotor was a bit tricky, but we managed it. First QSOs are done and the performance of the Antenna is very promissing. My recomendation would be to assemble only 4 green brackets on the center plate, leaving the 2 ones next to the allenscrew for the Centerpost free, than installing the centerpost, having free access to tighten the big allen to fix the centerpost.
Next mount the remaining 2 green brackets. Thats much easier. I broke the srew trying to reopen the green ones. The manual should be revied anyhow. So at the end of the day all went well, performance is good. I would buy the Hexbeam from SP7IDX, Waldi again! vy 73 de OE3OSA, Otto