Manager

Description:
A professionally engineered High-Quality,Heavy Duty, Light
Weight, Plug and Play no tuning necessary SIX amateur radio
bands 20-17-15-12-10-6 meters broadband hexagonal beam wire
antenna.Easy and quick to assembly. Made from high quality
components. Antenna designed by G3TXQ and made by SP7IDX.
More info on his website.
Product is in production
More Info: http://sp7idx-hexbeam.eu
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
94.81704.9
PG8M Rating: 2017-09-19
Excelent build quality Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
A Hexbeam is about the maximum i can put up in my roof so i ordered one from SP7IDX. Good price and excellent build quality, but had to wait 4 months before it arrived.

For those who find it interesting i mounted the beam not at the top but halfway up the mast. Using a homemade bracket. This works fine and SWR is still low.
R2ADC Rating: 2017-07-24
Excellent plug'n'play antenna Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
This is my update to review I wrote earlier. I installed antenna (I had another hex beam last year and sold it) and worked on it.
Basically this hex-beam is plug'n'play antenna, since it works right away, as soon as you assembled it. Assembly is very easy, all elements of antenna already made, you just have to assemble it for raising up.
It is very well thought through hex-beam.
SWR for all bands are low even on 2 meter height, they move to resonant frequency as you raise antenna. It even works at 2 meters above the ground, I tried to use with 12 watts power)).
SWRs across all bands are ridiculously low)) I do not know why "less than 2:1 SWR" is shown in specs for this antenna, since actual measurement are between 1.1-1.3 in most bands.
Bonus: it is resonant at 2 meter band (144 Mhz) if you want to use it)).

Performance is stellar - I got unsolicited reports for excellent signal with my mediocre 100 watts).

Highly recommend this antenna to anybody thinking to get a hex-beam. It worth waiting, since Waldi makes them to order and I believe he fixed logistics and delivery times for antenna.
K0CCP Rating: 2017-07-21
Excellent Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I purchased this beam a year ago to replace a hex that I purchased from a dealer in the US. It was destroyed by both an ice storm and 80 MPH winds here in Kansas. Further investigation into issues with ice, I found that most hex's that are made here in the states should have ice lines which goes from the center of the spans to the top of the pole which gives the spans support in the center of the span where ice usually causes the limb to break. I thought long and hard about every buying another hex, but I wanted a multiple band single antenna that had a reasonable gain and not noisy like a vertical would be. When my beam worked, it worked great, making many contacts 8 to 12,000 miles from my QTH. I decided to take a chance with Waldi's antenna and am glad that I did. It is the best antenna for the price no question. It did take about 4 months to get it, but I ordered it in January and really wouldn't be able to get it installed until May, so the wait was not a big deal.

Construction of the SP7IDX is far and above the junk you can get here in the states. All the limbs are reinforced with an aluminum sleeve where it inserts into the mated limb. This will prevent breaking of the fiberglass limbs when there is ice. The connection pole is bulletproof, made from solid aluminum plate that has been cut on a water lathe. Connections are all stainless and the whole system is very light enough for one person to be able to move it around. Assembly took me about three hours, But I was by myself.

I placed it on a 40 foot aluminum tower with a roter and it operates flawlessly even when the conditions are poor. I always run barefoot: 100w or less. The signal is quiet. The beam is flawless and has survived several storms with winds to 60mph with hail.

For the price, you cannot beat the SP7IDX. If you purchase one in the states, you'll easy spend the same amount of money and you'll get junk compared to this hex.
OE9CBV Rating: 2017-07-11
Great Antenna 5 stars Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
I was looking for over one year for an antenna. Finally I found the HEXBEAM from SP7IDX.
The contact and support from Waldi is perfekt.
It took nearly 4 month until the antenna arrived. But worth waiting for.
The quality of the antenna is perfect. All the parts fitting perfectly together.
Waldi SP7IDX really has put a lot of effort in the build!
Building up the antenna took only 2 hours. You don’t need to change or optimize anything. SWR on all bands is close to 1:1.2
It’s perfect on all bands from 20-6m.
From my side I can recommend the antenna. It’s the best what you can get for this price. The price not cheap but ok.
SQ6KPN Rating: 2017-06-14
Super Product Time Owned: N.A.
Excellent antenna with a good price, , very good quality components.
I'm very pleased with this antenna.
High quality of materials
And last but not least Waldi SP7IDX is providing excellent after-sales services in case of any problem.
Very fast response from Waldi with any questions
GW3WCV Rating: 2017-06-03
Superbly Engineered - Worth the Wait Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Following a wait of some months the antenna arrived well packed and protected. It is solidly engineered and went together without difficulty. At a height of 8m SWR is better than 1.4:1 across all bands, no adjustment was required. Performance is excellent although evaluation on some bands has been difficult due to poor propagation.
Will post an update when I have had more time to evaluate this excellent antenna.
DL1RNO Rating: 2017-05-29
Super Product, no Problem Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
This antenna is very well thought out, easy to set up, tested in 3m height, all bands SWR under 1.5.
Please do not pay attention to the stainless steel screws, they will break down. This is in the nature of these screws.
The wait was 3.5 months, but it was worth it. I can only recommend further, Thanks Waldi
PA2RY Rating: 2017-05-13
Good antenna, long wait Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
like most people who wrote a review of this antenna (this version) I also had to wait quite some time before it finally arrived. 4 months and 2 weeks is (IMHO) way to long if you first say it will take 6 - 10 weeks.

That said, the antenna by itself is constructed as it should and as Waldi said it would be. Sturdy yet flexible, easy to construct and pre-tuned. Mine is 10m (30ft) up in the air and on the first night I tried it out on the bands, I worked Puerto Rico, Argentina, Brazil and USA on 20m between 8 and 9 in the evening (local time) with poor conditions (according to the indicator on the cluster). Not bad if I say so myself. Oh yeah.... I didn't use an amp ; just the 100W from my Yaesu.

Nice detail : there is no manual included. Every step you need to do to construct the antenna is done once and you have to repeat it 5 times yourself for the rest of the arms.
Comparing the hexbeam's "manual" to my Eantenna Moxon for 4 & 6m , I think this method works perfectly.
Not to bash Eantenna, but a bad manual is worse than no manual at al. Especially if you do it the way Waldi did with the pre-constructed parts.

All and all the antenna is worth its money and some. Just take your time and be patient. Maybe order it in October just to be sure that you're ready by the time it's April and the bands open up.
PC9DB Rating: 2017-05-03
Great antenna! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Hello fellow HAM's,

After considering several antenna systems, I've decided that a G3TXQ broadband Hexbeam would suit my needs.

Why? All HF bands from 20 - 6 meters, full size elements while having a relative small footprint.
Also, it is considerable lower in price then most HF beams.

It is my first HF beam stepping up from wires and verticals and let me tell you that's a big improvement.

So why the SP7IDX........?

Well there were only 2 commercial options for me, but the price as well as reviews from other users made me decide to go for the SP7IDX one.

I ordered the beam in August 2016 and it arrived just before the holidays in december.

After arrival I didn't have the time to set up the antenna until March.

Setup is real easy and tuning is not required........ REALLY NO TUNING AT ALL!!!!
All was okay 2 meters off the ground and of course also 12 meters off the ground!

The quality of the antenna is superb, Waldi SP7IDX really has put a lot of effort in the build!

After setup, let's go on air! What a difference with what I was used to.
I was on air for 2 years and worked 155 DXCC's, 145 of them in the first year.

Now, after one and a half month with low sunspot numbers, I have reached 180 DXCC's. Almost everyday on air, I'm working a new one. Sometimes even two!

If you have patience to wait for delivery, then don't doubt about it and get yourself a SP7IDX Hexbeam!

Summary:

+ Good built quality
+ No tuning required, plug & play!
+ Full size 2 element beam so great performance
+ Great bandwith
+ All HF bands from 20 - 6

- You don't want to leave the shack anymore :)
- QSL costs rise skyhigh :)
- Electricity costs as well :)
- Only real minus is the delivery time! Be prepared to wait for half a year because everyone wants a beam and Waldi has too little time!
OK1FCJ Rating: 2017-05-03
great product - 5V7P expedition Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I purchased HexBeam from Waldi SP7IDX few months ago. I must admit that waiting time was bit longer than promised one, but it was one and only negative experience. Antenna come partially assembled I spent few hours home preparing it. I assembled it and due to my mistake, antenna with mast fallen down (nobody hurt). Waldi quickly sent broken replacement tube and suspected wire. All items come in time before 5v7 expedition where we used it together with SpiderBeam. One operator run HB another one SB. We have had no clear evidence which antenna is better. Both served very well our purpose. Thank you again Waldi for great product for DX peditions. We will use it again!