Manager

Description:
A professionally engineered High-Quality,Heavy Duty, Light
Weight, Plug and Play no tuning necessary SIX amateur radio
bands 20-17-15-12-10-6 meters broadband hexagonal beam wire
antenna.Easy and quick to assembly. Made from high quality
components. Antenna designed by G3TXQ and made by SP7IDX.
More info on his website.
Product is in production
More Info: http://sp7idx-hexbeam.eu
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
94.81704.9
SV1GFM Rating: 2017-04-27
excellent build quality Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
After waiting for 4 Months to received the Antenna, have mounted it on a 9m Aluminum Mast with a RAK Alfa Spid Rotor on the bottom.
Total high 18 m above the ground. In 15 days who have the Antenna, have worked 4 new countries and over 60 new Band that was impossible to hear with my HyEndFed dipole and my Gap Titan Antenna. The build quality is amazing very high Tech materiales. I am extremely happy with this Antenna and have no believe the big difference and how easy to make contact in terms of my Antennas. But don’t forget the long time waiting. You must have steel nerve. The best solution is if you buying the Antenna is to forget it for 4 to 6 Months.
BX3AC Rating: 2017-04-18
excellent antenna Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
I was surprised that the first time the erection was not required to be adjusted separately.
Very easy to setup.This antenna let me wait for nine months.
~~~~But worth waiting for~~~~
SV2ESW Rating: 2017-04-10
Great Antenna!!!! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
The antenna is great. The materials Waldi is using are high quality and it is very easy to built. Since now, i was using home made dipoles and delta loop antennas. Since the Hexbeam i started really working dx realative easy. The antenna is fair and doesn't need much space. It is well tuned in all bands. Ready to play. But unfortunatelly i waited almost 5 months although the deal was 35 days. Thank you Waldi! 73's!
N3AJB Rating: 2017-04-08
Best in Class Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
Waldi's first hex beam worked so well I ordered a second one. This one is roof mounted at 37ft in a Colorado QTH while the first one is at 50ft at a Pennsylvania QTH. Even at 37ft surrounded by 100ft trees, it is a great performer. Like the first installation, the SWR on all bands is close to 1:1. The main reason I prefer Waldi's version of the hex beam (all have the same antenna characteristics) is the high quality of the design. While most hex beam designs use U bolts at the center hub, Waldi's version uses a robust clamping system to secure the 6 fiberglass spreaders.

With the Euro dollar exchange rate at records lows, the beam is a bargain even with the additional cost of shipping. Buy one...you'll love it..

JON

----------------------
Earlier 5-star review posted by N3AJB on 2014-10-28

I recently installed the hex beam and it performed exactly as indicated in the specs. No tuning needed to achieve SWRs that come close to 1:1 on several bands. It's amazing to run almost 1 kw output and see only 5 or 10 watts of reflected power.
I concur with what others have stated about the quality of this hex beam (the center hub is so well constructed that it looks like it's a part from the space shuttle) and the many great features of the hex beam in general - no traps, small wind load, light weight, small size, ease of assembly, 6 bands. I even found that the beam was resonant on 2M with an SWR of 1.4:1.
It has performed extremely well and I have gotten outstanding reports even when running 100 watts.
The questions I had about the beam (shipping schedule or mounting suggestions) were quickly answered by Waldi. He was always very responsive and helpful with any issues that arose.
I'm totally satisfied with the hex beam by SP7IDX in every respect.
OZ1EHW Rating: 2017-04-08
Great antenna Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I received the antenna (HEX-BEAM)for 20-17-15-12-10-6 Meter) in 5. April and was in the air after two days. this was very easy to assemble the antenna,
it took less than two hours to assemble the antenna,
and get it in the air.
Now came the big moment where i had to test the antenna, all band were with a very fine SWR. And big surprise, i could hear Japan and Australia, at 09:30 am GMT.with 4-6 S. Countries i could not work with my other antennas COBWEB and G5RV.
I think it is a powerful antenna,easy to assemble
strong construction,and works great.!
OZ1EHW / 5Q0X Tommy
EA6XQ Rating: 2017-03-18
good antenna Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
Great antenna solid build quality.
Amazing preformance.
Spare parts at a very competitive price, without hesitation a very good antenna
F1EYG Rating: 2017-03-11
Great Antenna Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I use waldi hexabeam for about a year. First of all a very professional construction with very good materials (stainless steel, aluminum, fiberglass). The assembly is easy but do not forget the assembly manual which is attached with the order confirmation mail! The performance is consistent and the TOS is less than 1.5 (with no adjustment) on all the bands a bit more on the 6m. The performance is amazing and the antenna is very quiet compared to my vertical. An unbeatable value for money. For delivery it must be a little patient. Last news after a storm, the pylon tipped and the antenna fell 18m !!!! and only two intermediate portions fiber glass broken !!! Waldi supplies the replacement parts and I hope to repair quickly.
DL2AWG Rating: 2017-03-05
XX9D Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
we use the Hexbeam on our DXpedition Macau 2017 by XX9D .
It was our first time that we use the Hexbeam and the building was very easy for us. The beam works to our satisfaction.
Many thanks to Waldi for his great support.
73 de
the XX9D Team
EA2TP Rating: 2017-01-22
Good quality Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Solid supports, kevlar cords... Plug and play, low swr with no mods... and good quality.

I installed the hexbeam only 3 meters high, and it works fine with no more than 1,7 swr.

Patience with delivery time.
PE1HTB Rating: 2016-12-28
Great antenna Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Great antenna solid build quality.
Amazing preformance.