Manager

Description:
A professionally engineered High-Quality,Heavy Duty, Light
Weight, Plug and Play no tuning necessary SIX amateur radio
bands 20-17-15-12-10-6 meters broadband hexagonal beam wire
antenna.Easy and quick to assembly. Made from high quality
components. Antenna designed by G3TXQ and made by SP7IDX.
More info on his website.
Product is in production
More Info: http://sp7idx-hexbeam.eu
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
94.81704.9
ON4CCV Rating: 2016-11-25
excellent build quality Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
In addition to my first post on this antenna, I can only confirm it performed equally well during our OY/ON6NB expedition in September. And it survived without problems the Faroer Islands storms - recommended!

----------------------
Earlier 3-star review posted by ON4CCV on 2016-01-18

I must make a little sidenote to the review I posted on 24/9/2015.
On 7/7/2015, together with the light-version we used for our TM6NB expedition, I ordered the HD-version as well; it took till today 18/1/2016 to get it delivered. The build quality and the performance of the hexbeam-by-Waldi deserve a 5-score, but if you want to buy it, you've got to be patient, very patient.
IZ2KTK Rating: 2016-10-29
Great DX Antenna Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Bought antenna fm Waldi SP7IDX some three years ago.
Assembled and put on top of the pole within an hour by a couple of friends who had never seen an hexbeam before in their lives.
This tells you a lot on how simple and straightforward mounting is.
As well,no time wasted trying to tune antenna,it works perfectly once mounted.
For comparison,tuning a Butternut HF9 was a nightmare.
Ever since on roof I never had a problem,neither mechanical nor electrical.
Antenna does perform very well on all bands with a very good bandwidth.
Pretty quiet when compared to Butternut HF9 Windom and Efhwa I had before.
Two elements on all 6 bands, full size no traps nor "magic boxes" and just 9 kg plus a light footprint.
Can be mounted on a pole and only need a simple rotator,this should be taken in consideration,saving you money and work on antenna support.
So far, it survived all storms,snow and cold winds from the Alps and still working like day 1.
Because of simmetrical design this aerial will withstand wind better than a yagi.
Waldi is a very nice person always fast in answering all questions and problem solving within a few hours.
Yes,you have to wait to get your hexbeam done.
Let's not forget that Waldy really handcrafts antennas paying particular attention to all details.
Base plate is a real masterpiece.
Shipped in a small 1.40m long sturdy package with all parts and bits plus some extra parts...not like a "big name company" with parts missing!
I do recommend this antenna to anyone.
Best solution for space limited operators as well as dx-expeditions or field-day operation and whoever is looking for high performance at a fair price.
Waldi is added value! Thumbs up!
Thanks to G3TXQ for developing Broadband Hexbeam.
Thanks to my friends Paolo Iz2qce and Raffaele Iz2oat who did the job.
SP5I Rating: 2016-10-20
SUPER GOOD JOB !!! Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
THE ANTENNA waited 30 days of the contract.
CONTACT WALDI VERY GOOD ALWAYS RECEIVE CALLS.
ANTENNA been used for less than 1 YEAR.
REVELATION !!!!
PLEASE SEE MY LOG ON PAGE HRDLOG.NET
HEXBEAM LISTED IS DELICIOUS, sensational.
Posted ALSO YOUR MOVIES VIDEO IN QRZ.COM
I recommend 100% !!!!
PERFORMANCE ANTENNA HEXBEAM ARE SUPER !!!
I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH LARGE PILLEUP.
MY STATION TO ICOM 7300 WORKING WITH HEXBEAM.
ONLY 100 watts of power.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT TO ANTENNA on the mast 21 meters above the ground.
SP3TLJ Rating: 2016-10-15
Great antenna design and materials Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Very good design and the components worth the price. Easy assembly concept! I did not need the assembly instruction to build this antenna. Light weight and efficiency. It can be placed only 5 meters above the ground level to keep very low SWR. This antenna is for you if you have not to much space and want to work for 6 bands.
There is a strong case to have it assuming that it can withstand the strong winds. I am satisfied about the first contacts with the NA, SA and AF stations using only 100W of power in the pile-up.
Keep a good work Waldi. 73! Darek SP3TLJ.
PA3GPS Rating: 2016-09-27
Great service! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I use the antenna for abt. 2 Years now. It works still wonderfull. Great signs. After several storms and high winds the parkers from the square centerpost got lost and the antenna became wobly. I informed Waldi and he offers me for waranty a new much better centerpost. I am very lucky that I can renew this fine Antenna and use it without problems in the future.
Great service Waldi!!

----------------------
Earlier 5-star review posted by PA3GPS on 2013-10-12

I chose this antenna because of its “resonable” size and good parameters.
This Hexbeam therefore just fits in my backyard when I strike the mast.
The antenna arrived well packed in strong materials just as indicated.
The Hexbeam is exactly as Waldi promised. Beautifull and strongly made from the best materials. The construction took me only a few hours and is very simple.
The antenna works fine with me on 13 m. elevation. The signals are loud and clear in a quiet background. In comparision much better then my old HF4B, which was in despite of its small size, also a good antenna. The SWR is precisely as indicated.
My first results were very good. All five niners and a quick response in a pile-up.
Waldemar is very helpful giving all sorts of information and does as he says.
I really can recomment this excellent antenna and his manufacturer.
Wim PA3GPS
SP5NZZ Rating: 2016-09-25
All OK ! , I recommend Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Thank you for professional performance and a great help SP7IDX the assembly and expert advice. Antenna a fully meets the statements regarding the performance and parameters.
EI2HPB Rating: 2016-09-24
DX machine! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I also waited about 5 months for my Hexbeam but it was worth the wait... fantastic antenna, I am working everything I hear... mostly DX... I had a nice pileup of West Coast North America calling me last night.. I only run 150w but I was getting 5/9's and more from every station I worked... some guys could not believe I wasn't running much more power! The antenna was easy to construct and erect, I took my time and did it on my own over a couple of hours... since its been up we've had some very high winds but the Hexbeam takes it in its stride... I am extremely happy with this antenna, just sorry I waited so long to get one!
SP6CYN Rating: 2016-09-24
Excellent Product A+++ Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Excellent antenna with a very good price, does not take up to much space in the yard, very good quality components.
Amazing Peformance !!
I'm very pleased with this antenna. I can easily make contacts, and often break through pile ups on the first try. The antenna was simple to assemble upon instruction step by step, a lot of pictures
Low SWR, they coax for 6 bands was as advertised - with no tuner required on any bands.
High quality of materials
My antenna has endured winds of 120km per hour, often at my high winds
Very fast response from Waldi with any questions
It is a fantastic antenna with incredible receive ... get it up in the air and enjoy.
I highly recommend it
ON7RR Rating: 2016-09-13
Excellent antenna Waldi Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
After 4 months I received the hexbeam antenna. I put the antenna above the roof about 6 m above the ground.
The antenna works very good. After 1 month I have worked a lot of DX stations.
It's a great antenna, and it is worth waiting some months.
SP8BJU Rating: 2016-09-13
super antena Time Owned: more than 12 months.
The antenna is made very solidly. After the installation does not require tuning. On several occasions he has been dismantled and re-assembled. He kept its parameters. Contact and help from SP7IDX very good.
Waldi - thank you