Manager

eMail Subscription

Review Summary For : APC BX1000G BATTERY BACK-UP POWER SUPPLY
Reviews: 3MSRP: 119.99
Description:
Telephone, network and coax surge protectors. Four battery backup outlets with surge protection. Four surge protection only outlets. Automatic diagnostic testing. Power-Chute Auto Shut-Down Software. Automatic voltage regulation. 1,000VA / 600 Watts capacity. Up to 121 minutes run-time.
Product is in production
More Info: http://
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
0033.3
N0FPE Rating: 2012-07-29
works good for me Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have had a one of these in the shack for over a year. works great. its a UPS and is made to never be turned off or unplugged unless you are moving it or something. i dont not understand the need to unplug it everynight! Kinda defeats the purpose of having it!!!

Anyway Mine works fine and i would buy another one in a heart beat
KJ6ETL Rating: 2012-07-29
Excellent products Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have APC in our offices and are part of every computer installation that I maintain. These things are made to be plugged in and forget about. No need to turn on / off or play with otherwise.
N9LCD Rating: 2012-07-28
IT'S GOING BACK! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Bought 17 July 2012 for use as backup for my desktop computer in the shack and possible "emergency" radio operation. Looks great. Worked great -- for about three days. The unit started developing a problem with the ON / OFF power switch: I couldn't turn-off the unit without using a long house key to reach the switch. The problem degenerated: you could turn the unit on, but you couldn't turn it off. Apparently the ON /OFF switch wasn't working for "OFF".

I always unplug the UPS for the night. Because the switch to turn off the no AC "ALERT" also wouldn't work, I twice had to disconnect everything from the UPS and remove the battery to get the supply to quit "beeping". And, afterwards, reinstall the supply.

While the manufacturer has made arrangements send me a replacement supply, I simply don't trust this product. It's going back to the retailer for a refund.