Manager

More Info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
1193.1
JL1KRA Rating: 2019-07-16
I Should Have Read the Reviews too -DoA Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I bought this one from HRO in California and bring it to Japan.
It powered on normally, so I did not care about it for aw while.
When I tired to power my transceivers, MFJ-4115 show FAULT lamp. It soon tripped and does not power anything with slight load.
Without any schematic, I can do nothing with this power supply. It was totally waste of money.
N3WJ Rating: 2016-12-15
I Should Have Read the Reviews - Loud Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I almost always check out eHam reviews before a purchase but I needed a small profile PS for my KX2 and figured that this met criteria. The size was right as was the price at $55. I haven't had many issues with MFJ equipment in the past, unlike many ham colleagues, so I figured I would buy it. My mistake!

As noted by almost every review here, the fan on this supply is loud. I have had switching supplies where the fan only turns on when there is significant drain. This fan comes on as soon as you turn on the supply and stays on. In a quiet room, even with headphones, I found it really annoying.

I shipped it back the next day. Between the shipping to receive it, the shipping charges back and the probable "restocking fee" the dealer claims they charge, I probably lost money on this thing.

I bought an Astron RS4A linear supply from a local dealer at almost the same price. What a difference! Silent and no fan.

AI8O Rating: 2015-09-21
Noisy Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Bought one at Shelby Hamfest to power a Jetstream JT270 M.

It works, output as advertised, BUT it is very NOISY, both physically and electronically.

Lots of RFI all over HF.

The fan is loud, and the unit puts out more heat than my Astron PS. The heat and the noise are annoying in the small room I use as a shack.

I put it back in the box and reconnected my Astron PS.

I am now looking for a LINEAR, no fan,PS.
Like an Astron RS4.
W8GP Rating: 2014-08-22
Very compact Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Fan is way too noisy for my ears, otherwise works ok. Used with Icom '706 at reduced output (60W) and it gets a little warm but I think it will be ok for casual operating. I bought it mainly for it's small size.Did I mention the fan is too loud?
K1TWH Rating: 2013-05-12
HF Hash, Small & Small Price Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Had to dampen the fan with series resistance to lessen its racket, and also place ferrite chokes , extra grounds and bypass capacitors inside. After mods its still only a 4/5 because I can still hear switching noises from this supply, they are weaker, but with low signal strengths, they can be annoying from 160M through 15M. It is low in price and it is functional. Probably a nice VHF/UHF supply. WB1FPA - Tom
KA9ZIM Rating: 2013-01-25
Great power supply for the money Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
I purchased this power supply to power a 45W VHF radio. It does a great job. The fan is pretty quiet.
K4FMH Rating: 2013-01-16
Super! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I picked this up at the Huntsville, AL Hamfest on an impulse. I'd just bought a Yaesu FT-1500M, the very small 2M transceiver. Thought I'd put it in my go-bag which has a battery pack but it's always good to have an AC-based PS in case of generators that only output AC.

The thing just sits there and puts out the power! I can hear the fan IF I put my ear up close to the back of the PS. But, it's the kind of whirring that I go to sleep to under a ceiling fan: barely noticeable. Great purchase and the small size is appreciated in my go-bag.
AA2DK Rating: 2013-01-16
Nice! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Small, lightweight supply, WHISPER QUIET fan, well regulated, no RF hash. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat....
KA0ZIS Rating: 2012-11-13
mfj-4115 DON'T BUY!! Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
Gone through several of these under warranty due to the fan being LOUD!! Don't even bother purchasing one, not worth the time.