Manager

Manager - NA4M
Manager Notes

Reviews For: CHAMELEON EMCOMM II

Category: Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile)

eMail Subscription

Review Summary For : CHAMELEON EMCOMM II
Reviews: 34MSRP: 125
Description:
Portable (or Base Station) HF Antenna
1.8-54 MHz

The CHA EMCOMM II Antenna has been specially designed for backup
emergency HF system or permanent installation.

It is the perfect backup antenna for apartments, condominiums, homeowners
associations, deed restrictions and CCRs (Covenants, Conditions &
Restrictions), ARES, RACES, MARS, EMCOMM, NVIS, First Responders and
especially for Emergency Preparedness.

The unit is totally waterproof. The antenna is 60’ long and covers 6M to
160M. An external tuner is required.

The antenna will perform very well with a sloper or an inverted “V”
configuration. For a NVIS configuration (40M – 80M) the antenna must be
installed horizontally with the ground and elevated between 9’ and 12’ high.

The CHA EMCOMM II do not required any ground- plane.

Specifications:
Frequency: 6M - 160M
Power: 500W SSB
RF Connection: PL-259
VSWR: Subject to configuration
Length: 60’
Weight: 1 Lb.
Mounting Configuration: None

The antenna system consists of:

1 X CHA EMCOMM II matching box 1 X 60’ wire
Product is in production
More Info: http://chameleonantenna.com/
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
ZL1DT Rating: 2013-03-29
Works well for me! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I have used it as a "quick deployment" antenna in the last 2 weeks while on vacation. I have been able to log in to my usual nets with no problem, even in different configurations (inverted V, sloper and flat-top) sometimes only 12 feet off the ground. Using an Icom 706MK2 and an old MFJ tuner, I have had worked some DX as well. Very pleased with this antenna
N9BAV Rating: 2013-03-01
Great Results Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I have the EMCOMM II at 12' it's very quite, and does a great Job. Carl is great to deal with, and always answers your questions.
VE3FAL Rating: 2013-03-01
Awesome Unit Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
I bought this for EMCOMM purposes and I have to say it performs very well, right now I have the feed end up at 12' and the other end about 9' with the antenna pointed South. I am able to tune the antenna easily and it receives very well and is very quiet also, it does not require lots of room. The SWR without a ground or counterpoise is below 2:1 on bands 14 megs and up, I will test later with a ground wire and see how it performs, I also want to get the far end at 12' like the feed end.
KC7ZWG Rating: 2013-01-17
1st Choice for EmComm Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
My "Buddi" sits in the closet and this one gets used!

It just works! No need for taps, tuning, analyzers or other expensive equipment that is difficult to tune.

This antenna is easy to deploy and does what it should, while others are analyzing, setting taps, guying, and getting frustrated ... the EmCommII was already making contacts.

In an emergency you won't have time to "Make" an antenna work... with the EmCommII it always works.

In our clubs recently Military drill we tested several different systems, the EmCommII was on the air first and worked as well as any of the others, for a fraction of the cost.

The MFG is quick to respond and the antenna has a very small footprint in our packs.

Even if you decide on a different system, this is one hell of a backup!