Manager

Review Summary For : K6TU Propagation
Reviews: 15MSRP: 29.99
Description:
Prediction - The original type; generates predictions and

formats them with one page per band/hour.

Inverse Prediction - NEW! Generates a set of predictions of

what you can expect to HEAR. You select your station

configuration as the RECEIVE configuration and then specify

the configuration for the typical station you look to work

including their output power level as the TRANSMIT

configuration. Generally propagation is symmetric if all the

path is in daylight. This prediction type is helpful for

planning DXpeditions where the antennas and power levels are

asymmetric.

Contest Strategy - NEW! Generates predictions with four

bands displayed for each hour of day and night on a single

page. Intended for contest planning and supports 80-15 for

night hours and 40-10 for day hours.

Log Analysis - NEW! Select this prediction type to analyze

your Log AFTER a contest! Upload your log when you configure

this prediction type and a set of prediction maps overlaid

with your actual contacts will be produced. Useful for

comparing what you worked against your contest plan.
Product is in production
More Info: http://k6tu.net
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
WX3B Rating: 2016-06-17
Great way to model Terrain+HF Performance Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Every now and then you run across something so good....so perfect for what you have been doing the HARD way for years that it just brings a smile to your face.

After years of using MicroDEM and HFTA together to perform HF terrain analysis, someone told me about Stu's one step process to model terrain - served to you on a silver platter (ZIP file) with zero effort.

This takes a process I used to do a) By hand with google earth for a rough prediction and b) by using MicroDEM to do an accurate prediction and makes it a push-button instant, simple, accurate success.

In addition, Stu's HFTASWEEP automates running HFTA over and over again so that becomes one less step in your analysis process.

The $30 subscription fee is worth every penny...and...Stu doesn't even charge for HF Terrain files.

Try it...you'll love it!

Jim Nitzberg WX3B
VU2CDP Rating: 2016-01-09
Excellent Time Owned: more than 12 months.
This review was long overdue. Stu helped us out with our VU7AG and VU4KV expeditions by providing free prop predictions to users who visited the exped websites; a service which he provides to major dxpeds. The degree of accuracy is quite amazing. As a subscriber, i have found the entire suite of services to be very useful.

Give it a try, you will be impressed by what Stu has done.

Deepak VU2CDP
VK4TS Rating: 2014-12-05
Awesome Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Service ? Sensational.

Used at VK4KW for Band change strategies.

Does the product do what it claims ? Yes and much more

Happily paid the annual fee just to get the super duper backup -

Hopefully one day Stu opens a radio store and makes antenna's because he really backs up what he says.
N6WM Rating: 2014-12-03
K6TU Propagation - an essential tool for the Contester and DXer Time Owned: more than 12 months.
As an active contest station owner and avid dxer, I have been using K6TU propagation maps for some time. I am looking forward to some of the new added features as well and will add comments on them as I leverage them. I find these tools above outstanding and an essential component to the shack. They are flexible, easy to use and very accurate if you put in realistic data. The hourly propagation charts in contests are the bomb! This essential tool is a amazing and at this price point.

I would highly recommend K6TU propagation for serious contesters and Dxers, as well as amateurs learning the ins and outs of HF propagation.
K0AV Rating: 2014-11-13
Brilliant work by K6TU - I love it! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
A couple of days ago I set up an account for K6TU Propagation.

I ran some contest strategy models for an upcoming trip to DX location.

Obviously, I was wondering if the predictions would correlate to the real world. In other words, ARE THESE PREDICTIONS VALID?

So I analyzed a log from a prior QRP effort from TI5A (2011) in CQWW CW contest.

Wow! I would never have believed it - if I hadn't seen how closely the QSO's matched the model. I am convinced the model you are using is extremely VALID.

I also learned that the light blue (S-3) areas can definitely sustain a high QSO rate -- i.e. not marginal at all.

I am a visual person - and the contest strategy sheets will be of tremendous value while I am planning (and faced with tough choices in mid-contest, while fatigued).

Anyway, K6TU's work on this project is brilliant.

In just two days I have already got more than my $29.99's worth.
K6MKF Rating: 2014-11-08
Outstanding DX Propagation Tool Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I've been using the K6TU.NET propagation tools for about two years now. These tools are extremely useful to me in chasing DX. For instance, for the recent Tromelin Island DXpedition, I generated a propagation summary chart that showed me the best operating times by band. With this guidance I was able to work FT4TA on 40-15M. When I mapped my QSOs back to my K6TU.NET chart, then were all "on the money"! K6TU.NET gives the DXer accurate and useful information, and I think it's an excellent value for the money.
KY6R Rating: 2014-08-09
Excellent Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
I have been using Stu's service to create propagation maps between Heard Island and the World. Dean, N6BV created HFTA files for our operating locations, and I am using an "antenna.13" file for my own personal "DX-er" location.

The fact that Stu brings together HFTA and antenna.13 data and combines it with VOACAP is something no one else does as far as I know.

This means its as accurate as it can be, and solid enough to use for planning DX-peditions - OR - for the DX-er to plan his or her antenna stragey based on an upcoming DX-pedition.

Simply a remarkable product and service! And Stu is one heck of a nice guy too.
N6GEO Rating: 2014-03-14
Great for planning vacations Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
We planned a vacation to operate Radio Reef in St Croix, and coming from the West Coast we didn't know what to expect for Caribbean propagation. We operated the ARRL RTTY RU and used Stu's service for contest strategy and we were quite pleased. A nitpicking comment is that the file sizes generated are too big and it made it difficult to email predictions back and forth as we planned our trip.
KF2T Rating: 2014-01-26
A Bargain Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Easy to use, speedy, and accurate. All for less than a cup of coffee each month. There are new ones in my log thanks to K6TU!

Stu is a great guy and a tremendous support. He responds quickly and professionally with well-considered and helpful advice. He's a great contributor to the "state of the radio art."
K0MD Rating: 2013-12-23
Simply Amazing! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I received an email invitation to try the K6TU a few months ago. It is simply amazing!

You can tailor the settings to what you have at your QTH. You can run predictions for any HF band except 160 for any time of day and month. The tool predicts HF propagation to various regions of the world based upon the inputted criteria.

I see it adding an extra strategy tool for my DX and domestic contesting. I can revise my game plan before the contest and use the latest science to aid my plan.

It is very user friendly and has great graphics. I commend Stu for designing a fantastic tool!