Manager

Manager - NA4M
Manager Notes

Reviews For: QSL Design by K1NSS - Dashtoons!

Category: QSL printers; callsign badge engravers; etc.

eMail Subscription

Review Summary For : QSL Design by K1NSS - Dashtoons!
Reviews: 41MSRP: Varies
Description:
Custom QSL Design.
Product is in production
More Info: http://www.dashtoons.com
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
HB9VQQ Rating: 2018-12-27
Great work ! Highly recommended Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I found Jeffs website while searching for a new design for my QSL card. I contacted Jeff through email and he responded very quickly. He is very professional in both communication and artwork. He really pays attention to details and integrated every single wish I had. Fully customised QSL design from scratch, absolutely unique design. And best of all very affordable.

I can highly recommend K1NSS and I would certainly do business again.If you want a one of a kind QSL Design there is no better place, promised.

Roland
HB9VQQ
K2RB Rating: 2017-11-16
Creative and professional Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I discovered about Jeff and Dashtoons! from a ham radio friend on facebook. Loved the creation and had Jeff create a card for me with a cartoonish flare. After a few proofs and communications Jeff created my new QSL card which is far and beyond all my expectations. Thanks Jeff for a job well done.
WA4CZD Rating: 2017-04-21
Painless & Excellent Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I found out about K1NSS & dashtoons back in the '90s when I worked Jeff & got a dashtoons QSL from him.

When I recently moved QTH, I needed a new QSL to go with the new location so I thought of Jeff and his cartoons.

I approached K1NSS with a general idea of what genre I wanted the art to look like & boy did he run with it. :) Jeff is obviously very talented and his work on my QSL exceeded my expectations.

The whole process was painless. I paid a deposit online. Jeff emailed a draft for my evaluation to make sure we were on the same frequency :) regarding what I wanted the art to look like.

Then he emailed the final art for approval and invoiced me for the remaining fee. He provided links to download the printer-ready artwork. I plan to have KB3IFH print the cards; I've worked with him on my former QSL card and the experience was also painless.
M0WGF Rating: 2017-04-12
A pleasure to work with. Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I passed my licence in December 2016 and was in need of a QSL card design and contacted Jeff after coming across his website. Jeff was a pleasure to work with and put up with all my little changes as time went on and produced a lovely design for me over the course of a couple of weeks. I would highly recommend Jeff if you are looking for a new card design, I've had no regrets.
W2LJ Rating: 2017-03-12
Jeff is THE best !!! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
My mom and my sister are very artistic. Somehow, that gene skipped me, but I still try. I've designed my own QSLS since I was licensed in 1978. Some have turned out better than others, but none were good enough for me to stop trying for something better. That quest ended when I read about Jeff K1NSS, and decided to have him design my card. I sent Jeff an email, giving him a rough idea of what I was looking for. He got back to me poste haste, with some (what he called) rough sketches. I was blown away! It was as if Jeff had the ability to read my mind. A few minor changes and we had exactly what I was looking for. If I had tried this myself, it would have taken a lot more time and would never have come out looking as professional. I quickly had my QSL art in hand, ready to go to the printer.

I was so impressed with Jeff's handiwork, that I asked him to design the logo for the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt, an annual QRP contest. Once again, a magnificent job, and an even more satisfied customer.

One success is great, two are even better; but can you catch lightning in a bottle for a third time? Yes, you can! This time, I asked Jeff for a design for the QSL card for NJ2SP, the South Plainfield Amateur Radio Club. South Plainfield is the home of what was once called Hadley Field, which was an airfield chosen to be the eastern terminus of the United States Postal Service's fledgling Air Mail system.

Jeff came up with a nightime drawing of Hadley Field and a biplane, which beautifully conveyed the theme we were trying to convey. It was a resounding success with the club members ..... and when was the last time you heard of ALL the members of a radio club agreeing on anything?

If you're looking for great, original art at a reasonable price, from an artist that you can become good friends with, I cannot recommend Jeff K1NSS more highly! He will work with you until you're satisfied, and believe me, you WILL be satisfied!
N1ADM Rating: 2017-03-12
Unique and personalized QSL design Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
When researching QSL card designs, I ran across Jeff's website, and I'm so glad I got in touch with him. He took my input and suggestions, but he also used his own insights and talent to add some things to the design that I wouldn't have thought of. The result is a unique and very personal design that really captured my interests. The process was very easy, and Jeff communicated with me regularly and sent several proofs for review as the design came together. If you want unique and personalized artwork for your QSL card, I highly recommend Jeff and Dashtoons!
AJ9C Rating: 2017-01-29
Fantastic! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I've been going to a DX location for CQWW CW now for a few years and decided to have Jeff create a QSL card to capture the flavor of Honduras, my destination for 2016. WOW what a job. Creative, memorable and captured the essence of the location. If you want to have a QSL that "pops" when it is received drop Jeff a line. What you get is truly art!

----------------------
Earlier 5-star review posted by AJ9C on 2015-02-11

I saw this posting come up via "reviews" on Eham. I always wanted to do a logo and QSL based upon a group of us that had traveled and contested centered around the name flying iguana. Dropped Jeff a note with ideas and let his muse lead him. Wow! That's all I can say. Jeff is creative, funny and the result you get is ART! If you want unique and to be noticed do not hesitate to contact Jeff and get you design rolling!
N7ITE Rating: 2016-12-14
Fantastic Design Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
If you would like a very personal QSL card with beautiful graphics please give K1NSS your business. I wanted something different than the usual QSL cards I have been using. After reading the reviews here on eHam I decided to email Jeff and ask him to design a card from a photograph of my dog. The design he came up with was absolutely fantastic! I am delighted with my new QSL cards and have received compliments from everyone who has seen Jeff's artwork. If you want a very special design for your next QSL card I would highly recommend you look at Jeff's work!
K5YNC Rating: 2016-12-05
Every Ham deserves a custom QSL card Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Every Ham deserves a custom QSL card that is unique as they are. I obtained my vanity callsign when I upgraded to General. I wanted to have a QSL card that was unique to me and reflected my own personal style. Jeff is a true visionary when creating a card that reflects a person's individuality. He hit the proverbial "nail on the head" when he created my card. Very, very pleased!!
KA4KOE Rating: 2016-11-15
More than just QSLs Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have commissioned Jeff for several projects. He did my brother's new QSL as a gift from me. He also will do other projects for your occasion. Just email him and tell him what you need. Jeff is a really nice guy and a fabulous artist to boot. You won't be disappointed.

----------------------
Earlier 5-star review posted by KA4KOE on 2013-07-11

I crossed paths with Jeff K1NSS while posting on one of the Facebook amateur radio groups when I noticed some of the artwork for his personal profile picture. In short order, I asked Jeff to design a new QSL card for me as my current "boring" supply was getting low. I emailed some photographs which detailed my interests, other hobbies, etc. I always considered myself somewhat of a "mad scientist" type and related this self-reflection to him. My resulting QSL design may be "over the top" by some standards, I admit, but my first reaction when I opened the email file of the proposed design was laughter! The card design was perfect and the cartoon character looked disturbingly like me. Jeff will work with you and produce a design to your satisfaction, in whatever style you want. Please note that you will need to transmit the QSL files to a printer of your choice (see other reviews here on Eham). K1NSS is highly recommended!