Manager

AVVid

322 VZ County Rd 2714

Mabank, TX 75147

Phone: 214-850-0973

The phone is a cell phone and cantankerous. If no answer leave
a message
and I'll
return the
call.

Working on Kenwood equipment only. No warranty work.

Best contact is via e-mail, I check it several times a day.

---------------------------

NOTE:

2 Feb 2019

After 38 years of repairing amateur radio equipment and being over
70 years old
the
fire has about gone out. My wife and I have decided to take an
extended
sabbatical and
see some of this great country of ours.

To this end we will not accept repairs after February 15, 2019.
All radios received before that date will be repaired and returned to
the owners. The 30 day warranty will remain in effect.

We have both enjoyed what we have been doing and have the best
customers in
the
world.
I will continue to provide help via the internet and limited phone help
during our
extended sabbatical.

This fall we will re-evaluate and determine the next step.
I appreciate your understanding.

Clif Holland KA5IPF

Product is not in production
More Info: http://www.avvid.com/
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
002274.9
W2TWM Rating: 2019-04-19
TS450/ 480s Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Hi Cliff did 4 of my radio's and did a very great job .Sorry to see him go but we all retire sometime.and it is his turn.Thank's Cliff for years of great service.Tim w2twm

Earlier 5-star review posted by W2TWM on 2016-10-07

Hi, the power supply goof up and took out both 480's he fixed then both .Fast return too .Tim W2TWM
W6DY Rating: 2019-04-02
TM-741 Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Clif has taken care of my TM-741s over the years and always done excellent work. I see he is now taking a well deserved vacation.
Thank you!
N2XPM Rating: 2019-02-21
Outstanding Work Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Just received my Kenwood TS-50 back from Clif. I am ecstatic that the radio is working so well. I haven't played with the AT50 yet as I am using my LDG tuner. All and all, I am very happy that I sent the devices to AVVID, repair completed at a VERY reasonable cost....Thank you...Happy Retirement to you and your bride....
KM5TW Rating: 2019-01-30
Excellent service! Time Owned: N.A.
I have an old TS-930-SAT that would not transmit. I made an appointment with Clif and drove 3 hours down there, watched him repair it, and then three hours back. Well worth the 8 hour investment! That 930 is now my primary rig. I've always enjoyed watching someone that is an expert in their field and Clif is that. He replaced the output driver transistor pair and did an alignment. Trouble shot a microphone problem I had and put me back on the road. Thanks Clif!
KG9BW Rating: 2018-11-21
Excellent experience !! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I had purchased a used Kenwood ts 440 sat from a friend of mine and I thought I had a feedback problem when transmitting.After contacting cliff via email, he. Offered a few good possible fixes. (Responded super fast to my suprise)
Although the radio didn't have any feedback problem, ( was my fault as i did not have a reliable signal report at the time) i decided to send it to Cliff and make sure everything was working OK and have it aligned as it had been sitting dormant for several years. He gave me an approximate wait time once he received the radio that was spot on! (About three weeks)...very well worth the wait! He had tuned and aligned as needed ,tested everything,including the internal antenna tuner, replaced the memory battery (leaking and the original), cleaned the mic. Potentiometer all for a very reasonable fee.
Radio is tip, top now and working great.Very much worth the wait time.
Hats off to Avvid and Cliff !!
From Chris. KG9BW
N4ATS Rating: 2018-10-20
TS-850SAT Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Clif is well....Simply put...the best Kenwood repair base in the US. He is one of a few left that can fix almost anything radio related. Sent him a TS-850SAT with a wacco TX issue. He fixed it. Thanks Clif

Earlier 5-star review posted by N4ATS on 2014-06-04

Sent Cliff several radios at one time to repair and the service is AWESOME. Cliff is very honest and fair priced for sure. I will never hesitate in sending him more work in the future. Cliff also answers emails fast and is friendly when doing so. It's nice to see folks like this in the amateur radio world. Thank you Cliff.
Earlier 5-star review posted by N4ATS on 2013-03-01

I sent several things to Cliff at AVVID for repair and or analysis. Cliff answers his emails promptly and is always kind and honest. I would not hesitate to send him any Kenwood product because I know when he calls the shots (diagnosis) he is always correct. His charges are well within budget and as a matter of fact , he really needs to charge more. Thank you Cliff for all your help as well as support on the eHam forums..
Earlier 5-star review posted by N4ATS on 2010-12-01

12/01/2010 Even though I repair radios for A.E.S. in Orlando and have been for a very long time as well as the Yaesu FL-7000 and have completed over 700 of them, when my pride and joy Kenwood TS-870S had a problem , I thought of no one but the best Kenwood repair technician on the planet, AVVID. I trust Cliff 100% on my equipment, I sent it to Cliff with a filter select issue. He diagnosed the problem, corrected it and shipped it back in less than 2 weeks! The best part, $75.00 ! If you have a Kenwood radio and have any issues with it , I highly recommend AVVID. Thanks a million Cliff. N4ATS
K5JGS Rating: 2018-09-17
Service you don't often find Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I had a problem with my Kenwood ts-480hx. The S meter had not been working for a while and then the audio output just stopped. I thought something had blown. I contacted Clif to send the unit in for repair. He responded back with a few things to try before I sent it in. IT WORKED. He saved me time and money, but refused any payment for his help! You don't often find that kind of service from a business these days. Cliff has proven he knows his stuff, and he will treat you ethically and fairly.
WC0L Rating: 2018-09-11
Great Experience Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
I recently sent a very good but non-working TS-440SAT to Clif for repair. Clif found the problem in short order and repaired and aligned the rig to like-new condition. The charge was very reasonable. If you need Kenwood repair, there is simply nobody like Clif. Highly recommended. And Clif, thanks for doing such a great job for me.
Mike, WC0L
WB9BHH Rating: 2018-05-08
The Best Time Owned: more than 12 months.
After reading all the reviews I decided to bring my TS-870 to AVVID to have it repaired. I emailed Cliff and he responded the same day with some helpful ideas, but couldn't resolve the problem so I decided to bring it to him. Rather than ship it I drive 5 hours and met with him in person. He had it repaired in about 45 minutes. The guy is fantastic! I highly recommend him for any Kenwood service. Can't thank him enough!
KO4NF Rating: 2018-04-03
Great Kenwood Service Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I sent my TS-690 Kenwood to Cliff for a check up. The radio had been stored about 9 years and the AF was low. He replaced a capacitor and memory battery and checked the alignment. The radio is like new. Excellent communication and fair rate. I would highly refer anyone to use his service. Turnover was about 4 weeks.