Manager

AVVid

322 VZ County Rd 2714

Mabank, TX 75147

Phone: 214-850-0973

The phone is a cell phone and cantankerous. If no answer leave
a message
and I'll
return the
call.

Working on Kenwood equipment only. No warranty work.

Best contact is via e-mail, I check it several times a day.

---------------------------

NOTE:

2 Feb 2019

After 38 years of repairing amateur radio equipment and being over
70 years old
the
fire has about gone out. My wife and I have decided to take an
extended
sabbatical and
see some of this great country of ours.

To this end we will not accept repairs after February 15, 2019.
All radios received before that date will be repaired and returned to
the owners. The 30 day warranty will remain in effect.

We have both enjoyed what we have been doing and have the best
customers in
the
world.
I will continue to provide help via the internet and limited phone help
during our
extended sabbatical.

This fall we will re-evaluate and determine the next step.
I appreciate your understanding.

Clif Holland KA5IPF

Product is not in production
More Info: http://www.avvid.com/
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
002274.9
K2VI Rating: 2011-04-03
Knowledgable Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Cliff is one of the best in the industry for toubleshooting a problem. I had an icom 751a and decided to send it to local repair center a few hundred miles away.Bad choice. It came back, Worked for a week and the problem came back.Found cliff on the net due to reviews. I had it back in 8 days and for the past few years the radio has been perfect.If or when i have problems nobody but cliff touches my equipment.

Anthony K2VI
KE5VQP Rating: 2011-03-18
TS530-S and VFO Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I took my equipment to Mr. Hollands for a complete check and allignment. I have to say after watching Cliff work, it seems to come natural. I cannot be more satisfied with the work that was done. If I ever have any problems in the future Mr. Holland will be the one I call. Thanks Cliff for a job well done.
K3DTC Rating: 2011-03-14
Kenwood TS-430 Repair Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Cliff is a real Gentleman and Professional! The cost to repair my TS-430 Kenwood was very fair and the turn around time was great! Always e-mail Cliff DON"T bug the man by calling him. I just wish Cliff would give "Frequent Flyer Miles" LOL!!
W7ARE Rating: 2011-02-28
Another satisfied AVVID user. Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I use Clif too for all my Kenwood repair and modification needs. He is quick, to the point, and his pricing is amazingly affordable and fair. I recommend him for anything Kenwood.
K6DS Rating: 2011-02-28
Saved me hundreds of $$ Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I had a problem with my TS-870, (I thought). I was operating PSK and suddenly the watt meter "pegged" then the 870 shut down and restarted. I tried to transmit again but no luck. I thought something went wild and took out the finals or something.

Now, on to the phone call to Cliff. I had the radio already packed for shipping to Texas. Cliff called me back from my voice message. I told him about the spike and that it appeared the Astron power supply was at a lower voltage than it should be. He had me connect the TS-870 to a different power supply set to 14 volts. He said, give that a try and if you still have trouble, we'll talk.

I guess he had a pretty good idea that was the problem,(that's what a pro like him can do)... Anyway, all is fixed the 870 works great and Cliff talked himself out of a job.

You can be absolutely sure that when this TS-870 does have a problem, it is headed straight to Texas and AVVid.

Thank you very much Cliff!

Dennis - K6DS

KD5VHF Rating: 2011-02-05
Another satisfied Customer! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Got my TS-850 back sooner than expected.
Rig works GREAT now and he even returned the old parts he replaced.
Although I hope I never need his services again,If the time comes,I will use him again.
KD8EZU Rating: 2011-01-31
Guess I got the Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
I've held out for more than a year writing this but just could not restrain my feeling of being ripped off and lack of any compensation by Mr. Holland.

I have a Kenwood TS-830S that had a problem wherein the frequency counter ( FC afterwards ) was not stable and would erratically display digits. Also on 10 meters I could not get ALC fully on the meter to tune , but ALL other bands were fine. I had spoken to Ken at K4eaa.com who identified that problem as being 1) the display board soldering was poorly done on the early pass thru display units, and 2) the band switch on some 830s were notorious for losing contact after 25+ years and needed to be cleaned\serviced.

I would have preferred to have sent the unit to Ken as he truly is the guru for Hybrid Kenwoods an specializes in them. He also offers great email advice ( which is his downfall as he spends so much time on "freebie" work ). He could not at the time promise an opening for looking at the rig ,and I therefore decided to take a chance on Mr. Holland. I lost.

My rig was packed in the original box and then placed in a foam lined SOLID PLYWOOD box. It arrived , but unlike many others here I had to email Mr. Holland to verify that it was recieved. I was kept informed of the progress in the repair each step of the way ONLY when I asked. The rig was "repaired" and sent back on time.

I opened the box, hooked up the TS-830S only to find the FC counter now not intermittant, but simply counting numbers from 1 to 30 MHZ in an endless loop. This was worse than when it left!. I immediately took a video of the radio's FC and sent an email Mr. Holland. His response was that it had worked for him and he did not know why it was not working now. He said that he would be getting another TS-830S in for servicing soon and that I should just send him the FC and he would repair and test it in that unit.

A week or two passed ,and he emailed me to send the FC unit ,which I did. Once again, he stated that it was now fixed and sent it back. I remounted the FC in my TS-830S, it worked for a few minutes and then began intermittantly display digits. By this time I had spent over $160.00 in shipping and still had a broken FC in my TS-830S. Contacted Mr. Holland and told him that the problem remained I was offered a limp excuse but at no time did he offer to refund a rat's hair of the "repair" fee. I finally bought a used FC unit ( $95.00 ) and that solved the FC problem immediately. Do I need to mention that the 10 meter ALC problem worked for about a two weeks after I was finally able to use the TS-830S?

Why beat a dead horse.

They say there is no longer pride in workmanship or any honor left. In this case I'd have to say I agree.

I should have held off and simply waited ( for however long it took ) and sent my Hybrid Kenwood to Ken, but foolishly did not. It was an expensive $250.00 ++ lesson I will not repeat.

I guess even Superman can have a bad day, but even Superman knows when to admit a mistake and correct a wrong.

Live and learn I guess.
AE5QV Rating: 2010-12-01
Great Service Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
My new call is N5CEY - anyhow, Clif just repaired my TS-930 for me. It had the well known digital board failure. His services were impeccable and timely. Can't think of much else to say without being redundant but if you have a kenwood that needs repair, Cliff is the man to talk to. 73's!
AB9XB Rating: 2010-11-25
Kenwood TS-2000 Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Excellent service,quick turn around.
I was told that He was 3 weeks backlogged.Three weeks and a day later,I received e-mail that radio was done and I am very pleased with the repair cost.
I highly recommend Clif and will use his service again,if needed.

Thanks again Clif
N5SBZ Rating: 2010-11-24
Great on 830's & 930's Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Had a TS-830s that was deaf (my fault) Clif went through the radio from end to end, not only did he fix the RX that I had messed up, he did a complete alignment TX & RX and the radio is better than it has ever been.
I also had a TS-930 that needed some TLC. Not a problem. Back in no time. Work and the turn around time is Top Notch. Answers E-mails and
will talk to you on the phone if he is not busy in the middle of a repair.
THANKS CLIF