Manager

AVVid

322 VZ County Rd 2714

Mabank, TX 75147

Phone: 214-850-0973

The phone is a cell phone and cantankerous. If no answer leave
a message
and I'll
return the
call.

Working on Kenwood equipment only. No warranty work.

Best contact is via e-mail, I check it several times a day.

---------------------------

NOTE:

2 Feb 2019

After 38 years of repairing amateur radio equipment and being over
70 years old
the
fire has about gone out. My wife and I have decided to take an
extended
sabbatical and
see some of this great country of ours.

To this end we will not accept repairs after February 15, 2019.
All radios received before that date will be repaired and returned to
the owners. The 30 day warranty will remain in effect.

We have both enjoyed what we have been doing and have the best
customers in
the
world.
I will continue to provide help via the internet and limited phone help
during our
extended sabbatical.

This fall we will re-evaluate and determine the next step.
I appreciate your understanding.

Clif Holland KA5IPF

Product is not in production
More Info: http://www.avvid.com/
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
002274.9
WJ4VA Rating: 2016-12-02
Awesome! Time Owned: N.A.
Clif is a great guy, excellent communication, very fair and reasonable rates and a top notch tech! Repaired my TS-690SAT for much less than I was expecting. He really goes the extra mile!
N4RCK Rating: 2016-11-04
TS-50 Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I sent the ts-50 to Cliff for a checkup. He realigned the tx and rx. excellent work with very fast turnaround time. If you have a kenwood he is the man !
N5OBQ Rating: 2016-09-25
Kenwood 940 Repair Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I called Cliff on a Wednesday and scheduled an appointment with him the next week Wednesday at 10am. I drove 110 miles from my house to his driveway. Took my Kenwood 940 out of my car and Cliff was waiting for me at his door ready to work on it. He told me that he would do his best to fix the radio right now and if I had time to wait, I could take the radio back home with me. I said you bet I will wait for it. I watched him take the radio apart and repair the transmitter section that would not work and replace three receive attenuator switches. He then replaced all the burned out lights in the green display with led lights. He tuned the transmitter and receiver sections of the radio. All this work was all done in about 1.5 hrs and I was on my way back home with my radio. That was 3 months ago and today my Kenwood is still working like a brand new radio. This guy is very professional in his craft and very reasonable what he charges for his services. I would recommend him to anyone that needs radio repair. Thanks Cliff for a job well done!
KD4EZW Rating: 2016-07-27
TS050 Repair and Tuneup Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Another great review of Cliff and his services.
If you had any problems dealing with AVVID, you are either not reading the web site carefully(as Cliff pointed out to me!) or you are impatient. 6 to 8 weeks as described is accurate. Follow the instructions and you will be fine. Cliff is a man of few words. He can afford to be, becasue he knows his craft. I offered him an open check to repair and replace what ever was needed(caps, etc.)to keep radio running for another decade or so. He said it didn't need it.

Repair to my TS-50 was simple and radio came back tuned and aligned. 50w gets me around the world on 20m with a stacked dipole in the attic and great audio reviews with stock mic. My TS-50 receiver sounds as good as my TS-2000 with the DSP off.

Cliff is truly a gift to the Kenwood amateur community. Use his services wisely.

Frank
KD4EZW
WB2VWT Rating: 2016-04-05
Excellent and professional service Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I emailed Cliff about the problem I had with my 20+years Kenwood TM-742A.
I got a super fast reply with the question " Can you operate a soldering iron and screwdriver?"
My reply was "YES" and the next thing, I got detailed instructions for what to look for and what to do.
I wasn't exactly sure "who was who" looking @ SM components on the PC Board that Cliff mentioned in his reply e-mail and he was gracious to explain to me in more detail.
I have done what he instructed me to do and my TM-742A got it's life back again.
I was so surprised that Cilf knew exactly where the problem was from that far since I live in Florida, LOL.
I asked him how much I owe him for his service and the replay was "No money needed. Pass the help forward"
I think that Clif Holland is a "ULTIMATE GURU" when comes to the Kenwood ham radios.
Wondering here what we are ALL going to do when he retires.
Clif Holland at AVVid is a perfect example of professional service.
Thank you Cliff for all your help.
Richard P.
WB2VWT

KD6CZ Rating: 2016-01-20
Outstanding Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I've been licensed for over 40 yrs over the years Ive had lots of radios. In 2013, I bought a TS 940sat. Outside it was clean and looked like new. I used it for a short time before it developed issues. I contacted Cliff and told him what was going on. We tried a couple of things, but it was decided I should send it to him. A few weeks later I got the radio back and I was like a new novice. This radio worked like a brand new one. All of the bells and whistles worked like they were supposed to. Cliff fixed, aligned, and updated things as needed. I wish he was closer to Southern Calif. I would like to meet him!!
WU5A Rating: 2015-11-20
Outstanding service! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Took my nearly 30 year old TS940 to Clif for service. Over last 15 years little used busy raising kids and work demands. I knew one sub display light was out.
Clif replaced both sub display lights, both batteries and two relays. Then he retuned every thing that could be adjusted.
He was very good about explaining all of that and much more about operation of the rig, including things I was never aware of.
Back home I cannot believe how clear and strong incoming signals are now. A great visit! Thank you, Clif
WB6ORZ Rating: 2015-10-22
Super Service! Thanks! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Clif has repaired 2 rigs for me over the years, a TS-940SAT and more recently a TS-850SAT. Both times it was a peasure to work with him. He was personally very helpful and helped me understand more about my radio. His workmanship is superb, and his rates are fair. Both rigs came back in superb operating condition. Best service experience I've ever had! Period.
W5VYY Rating: 2015-10-06
Best of the best Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I agree with all the 5/5 rave reviews. Clif is a Kenwood genius. Not only does he fix the problem you describe, he repairs potential problems such as leaky capacitors and memory battery. Returns all the parts he replaced. I highly recommend him.
K4GNO Rating: 2015-09-13
First Class Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I recently had Clif repair and restore my TS930S.
He repaired a problem with the final stage, modified the power supply, installed a new PIEXX
digital board, and did an alignment. I couldn't be more pleased with the result. Clif is honest(he returned all used parts),reasonable, and knowledgeable. I really believe that the 930 works better than when it was new.