Manager

AVVid

322 VZ County Rd 2714

Mabank, TX 75147

Phone: 214-850-0973

The phone is a cell phone and cantankerous. If no answer leave
a message
and I'll
return the
call.

Working on Kenwood equipment only. No warranty work.

Best contact is via e-mail, I check it several times a day.

---------------------------

NOTE:

2 Feb 2019

After 38 years of repairing amateur radio equipment and being over
70 years old
the
fire has about gone out. My wife and I have decided to take an
extended
sabbatical and
see some of this great country of ours.

To this end we will not accept repairs after February 15, 2019.
All radios received before that date will be repaired and returned to
the owners. The 30 day warranty will remain in effect.

We have both enjoyed what we have been doing and have the best
customers in
the
world.
I will continue to provide help via the internet and limited phone help
during our
extended sabbatical.

This fall we will re-evaluate and determine the next step.
I appreciate your understanding.

Clif Holland KA5IPF

Product is not in production
More Info: http://www.avvid.com/
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
002274.9
K4HSM Rating: 2015-08-02
Excellent service Time Owned: N.A.
Came highly recommended by several hams in my area and I can see why. Very reasonable and effectively communicated the issue and cost.

My Kenwood 742A works as good as it did when it came off the factory line.
K8TS Rating: 2015-05-24
multi-channel switch Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Clif did wonderful job on my Kenwood 570. Suggested some problems were actually not in the radio, but instead external. Found some problems that still had to be addressed and fixed them at very reasonable bench rate. Woulld not hesitate to send equipment to him again, nor recommend to fellow amateur. Quick turn-around BTW
KC9OET Rating: 2015-04-02
good service Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
cliff done a great job on my ts-430-s will send it to him again if need service, he does good work.
W3WMU Rating: 2015-03-13
Super Service Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I SENT TO CLIF MY 20 PLUS YEARS OLD KENWOOD TM732 WHICH WOULD SHUT DOWN RANDOMLY. CLIF CALLED ME AFTER A FEW DAYS AND TOLD ME THE RADIO HAD NOT SHUT DOWN ON HIM. I TOLD HIM JUST TO LEAVE IT ON AND IT WOULD ACT UP. HE CALLED AGAIN AFTER A FEW DAYS AND TOLD THAT IT HAD SHUT DOWN. CLIF FOUND THE PROBLEM AND IT HAS BEEN ABOUT A YEAR SINCE HE REPAIRED THE RADIO AND IT HAS PERFORMED EVER SINCE WITH NO PROBLEMS. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND CLIF FOR HIS PERSERVERANCE AND QUALITY OF HIS WORK.
I NEVER WRITE A REVIEW WITHOUT GIVING THE PRODUCT OR SERVICE THE TEST OF TIME. CLIF HAS MORE THAN PASSED MY EXPECTATIONS AND WOULD NOT HESITATE TO USE HIS SERVICES AGAIN.
NA5XX Rating: 2015-03-07
R-1000 calibration Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
I have an Kenwood R-1000 receiver that need dial calibration. I emailed AVVid on a weekend about the service. Within 24 hours I had received a reply telling me how to do it myself. He pointed out that the directions were in the manual. I did not have the manual but then found one to download. I appreciated the information. He could have said send it in and charged me for a calibration that took 30 seconds to do.
WB3FKP Rating: 2015-02-16
TS-440S still going ! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
My transmit had an audio distortion and noise problem, Clif did a very good job on the repair,
works as it used to again. Wanted to keep the rig going yet and he was the ticket.

Price was very reasonable and did a great job. Would highly recommend him ( AVVid ) to anyone.
W5RD Rating: 2014-10-31
Like getting factory service Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I had the privilege to see Clif in action as he trouble shot my TS 930. One hour later, I was headed back to the shack feeling like I had a brand new rig. Clif, was very attentive to every section of the radio. Clif gave me factory grade service.
WD0FIA Rating: 2014-10-07
Very happy! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I can't say enough about how happy I am with the service I received. Prompt turn around, great repair, price was low enough I felt I got a real bargain. I had the repair three years ago on my Kenwood, and have never had another problem since!
W4UTI Rating: 2014-09-09
Exceptional Service! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
WHAT A RESOURCE! Frankly, I think Clif spends about as much time helping hams on the Internet as he does working his own business, but his work and his turn-around time certainly don't suffer. Clif is "different." Obviously, he's not in business just to make a buck. He wants to help folks. If he can spend a little time sending an e-mail that will save you some money and solve your problem, he's gonna try. Superb technician! Now, Clif is NOT cheap, but then, his service is not really expensive. Think of it this way. . .If you were going to need a serious operation, would you want the "cheapest" surgeon, or would you want the BEST? In my opinion, in the context of Kenwood repair, Clif is THE BEST! Thanks, Clif.
WA0JRD Rating: 2014-08-20
Dependable best bet Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have had NUMEROUS rigs repaired by Clif and he has always done an outstanding job, reasonably priced, and timely. He even "ate" the return shipping on my ts850sat "tough dog" when it continued to give me fits....great guy! Highly recommended!