Manager

AVVid

322 VZ County Rd 2714

Mabank, TX 75147

Phone: 214-850-0973

The phone is a cell phone and cantankerous. If no answer leave
a message
and I'll
return the
call.

Working on Kenwood equipment only. No warranty work.

Best contact is via e-mail, I check it several times a day.

---------------------------

NOTE:

2 Feb 2019

After 38 years of repairing amateur radio equipment and being over
70 years old
the
fire has about gone out. My wife and I have decided to take an
extended
sabbatical and
see some of this great country of ours.

To this end we will not accept repairs after February 15, 2019.
All radios received before that date will be repaired and returned to
the owners. The 30 day warranty will remain in effect.

We have both enjoyed what we have been doing and have the best
customers in
the
world.
I will continue to provide help via the internet and limited phone help
during our
extended sabbatical.

This fall we will re-evaluate and determine the next step.
I appreciate your understanding.

Clif Holland KA5IPF

Product is not in production
More Info: http://www.avvid.com/
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
002274.9
NN2X Rating: 2014-05-20
Fast, professional Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Fast, professional, outstanding. I told Cliff, I was on vacation, and my radio was not working...He turned around very quickly for me..

Simply stated, great service

Tom, NN2X
N2DY Rating: 2014-05-20
Wouldn't use anyone else for Kenwood repairs Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I spoke to Clif about an annoying intermittent problem I was having with my TS-2000X. 440 MHz transmit would work for a while and then quit for a while. I had taken a look inside but could not find the problem. Clif suggested it was probably a cold solder joint somewhere and so I sent it to him to track it down. Sure enough it was. He was able to trace it down and also replace some caps that had been damaged due to the problem. I have sent Clif Kenwoods before and he has always diagnosed and fix them perfectly. He knows Kenwood equipment inside and out. I will not go anywhere else for Kenwood repairs.

----------------------
Earlier 5-star review posted by N2DY on 2011-04-02

I sent Clif two TS-2000s for repair. He fixed both exactly within the timeframe he promised. Both are now working perfectly. His price was very fair. He also returned the parts that were removed from the radios along with a test sheet on each. Clif did a very professional job. I am very pleased and will use him again in the event any of my other radios need repair.
N6BIZ Rating: 2014-05-20
TERRIFC Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
GREAT SERVICE...
SENT HIM A DEAD 930 ... GOT IT BACK PERFECT ...
I WILL USE HIS SERVICES AGAIN ...
KW5M Rating: 2014-05-15
Great Service Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have done business with several repair facilities, Cliff is the best guy to send your kenwood repairs to. Integrity...he has it and it was an absolute pleasure doing business with him. Just repaired...last week, two of my TM-742's and did great. Can't say enough about having some one i trust work on my gear.
Thanks Cliff
Wayne Hartsfield/KW5M
K7LRB Rating: 2014-05-15
TS-870, Cliff does it again! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I had written a review about a year ago when I emailed Cliff about a 'problem' with my (then 'new' to me) Kenwood TS-870. Cliff emailed me instructions on how to 'fix' the 'problem'. It worked (see my Jan '13 review).

For the past several days my 870 has been 'cutting out' for no apparent reason. I emailed Cliff and described the symptoms. Cliff emailed me back within a FEW HOURS with a possible solution. He suggested I check the power supply connections. I was a bit skeptical since this rig has been connected to this same power supply for over a year, and none of the other gear connected to it had/have any problems.

I did check the connection on the back of the rig (no problems there) and I did "nudge" the terminal nuts on the Astron power supply, maybe got a turn. I have had several QSOs running different modes with no further problems.

The main purpose of this review is to, once again, give testimony to Cliff's integrity. Cliff could have had me send him the rig, checked it out, found nothing wrong, charged me a minimum fee, sent it back, and I would have had to pay shipping to his shop and back.

I mentioned Cliff's honesty and integrity a year ago and I am happy to report that he has not changed. Cliff is an honest a man as can be found. I have no doubt that he stands behind his work. You can bet that if I ever have a "real" problem with ANY rig (or maybe even my car!) I will contact Cliff.

Thank you Cliff!
KC0KBP Rating: 2014-05-03
Keeping Kenwoods Running Time Owned: more than 12 months.
When my 850 lost transmit, I was at a loss, I had intended to keep this rig for years. I finally decided to send it off to get repaired and aligned. Clif is the guy to send it to. Reasonable, fast, and fair. I am hoping that Clif will not see my rig again, but it is nice that he is there and knows his stuff. No worries here.
KF7YLC Rating: 2014-03-23
Outstanding service Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
I was having SSB TX noise issues with my TS-440. Shot Cliff an email asking if he would be willing to work on it. This was at 0500. Almost immediately I got an email back from Cliff asking for more details which I gladly provided then had to leave for work. When I got home I found an email from Cliff with detailed instructions, including pictures, on how to perform the repair myself. So with trepidation and armed with a cheap Chinese multimeter, an even cheaper pair of wire cutters and Cliff's solid gold advice, I mopped my brow and dove in. 20 minutes later it was fixed. The problem was exactly what he thought it was (leaky diode on the BPF board). My hat's off to Cliff, he spent the time to save me money I didn't really have to spend....
W0YVY Rating: 2014-03-22
Fast and great service. Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
Bought a TS440s from a friend. Had low AF/RF. Sent it to Clif and had it back in a short time. He repaired the bent/broken boards for the AF/RF, replace a leaking cap, did some magic with his fingers on the innerds and shipped it back. A "Like New" radio. If you have a Kenwood needing a little love and care, Clif is the man to send it to.
KA5IVR Rating: 2014-03-21
Top-Notch Repair! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Spoke to Clif on the phone and arranged a day for a friend & I to take him (6) Kenwoods for repair ((2)TS-850's, (2)TS-790's, TS-50, TM-742). Some were just minor issues & general check out, while couple were DOA. A few hours and parts later, we were on our way with all six working good as new at a very reasonable cost.

If you have a Kenwood, this is the place to have it repaired! Same great service as always...

Thanks Clif!
K1WJ Rating: 2014-02-09
Fixed TS-940SAT Time Owned: more than 12 months.
TS940 came back working great. Communication was also great. Perfect. I will be sending a TS50 soon, for minor repair. 73 K1WJ