Manager

AVVid

322 VZ County Rd 2714

Mabank, TX 75147

Phone: 214-850-0973

The phone is a cell phone and cantankerous. If no answer leave
a message
and I'll
return the
call.

Working on Kenwood equipment only. No warranty work.

Best contact is via e-mail, I check it several times a day.

---------------------------

NOTE:

2 Feb 2019

After 38 years of repairing amateur radio equipment and being over
70 years old
the
fire has about gone out. My wife and I have decided to take an
extended
sabbatical and
see some of this great country of ours.

To this end we will not accept repairs after February 15, 2019.
All radios received before that date will be repaired and returned to
the owners. The 30 day warranty will remain in effect.

We have both enjoyed what we have been doing and have the best
customers in
the
world.
I will continue to provide help via the internet and limited phone help
during our
extended sabbatical.

This fall we will re-evaluate and determine the next step.
I appreciate your understanding.

Clif Holland KA5IPF

Product is not in production
More Info: http://www.avvid.com/
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
002274.9
KF5ZKS Rating: 2013-12-19
The one and only place to send a Kenwood Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
All I can do is mirror the other good comments about Cliff. My experience couldn't have been any better, patient, knowledgeable, honest and fair would be my best description.

I know where my next Kenwood repair will be going.

Thanks
Mike
KF5ZKS
N4GKS Rating: 2013-11-21
Clif is the man Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I sent a sick Kenwood TS 450 to Clif for repair and waited about the average 3 weeks for repair and return. What I got back was a radio better than new. The antenna tuner now works and the transmit/receive is fantastic. Thanks Clif for a job well done. Hope I never need any repairs soon but if I do, you're the man.
W6LBV Rating: 2013-11-19
AVVidly Enthusiastic Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
An analogy about professional repair service is useful here. As part of a job I worked twenty years ago I was issued a high-end SUV for my field truck. The company wanted it well maintained, so I would take it for servicing and repairs to that vehicle manufacturer’s local dealers. I made the rounds looking for the absolute best service in the area, with the idea of making that shop my permanent choice.

I thought that I finally had found the right dealer. I took the truck in for a major service interval. The shop seemed to do everything well; I received a small discount on the bill; and the work was finished at the scheduled time. All seemed perfect.

Until they drove the truck out to deliver it to me, and I saw in an instant that they had not washed it! It still was coated with the road dust from my travels. The dealer didn’t have sufficient pride in the service he offered to provide that “last little detail” that signifies a professional service organization and creates a satisfied customer..

I never went back to that dealer.

Clif Holland at AVVid is a service professional. He repaired my TS-2000 which had lost all drive to the transmitter’s PAs. And the very first thing I noticed when I opened the carton upon return was that Clif had enclosed the defective original parts that he replaced. That’s a sign of a professional service man.

Clif is a man of few words, but that’s normal in a good service man. Your questions will be answered, but don’t expect epic novels from him. His time is his income.

The returned radio is running very well, probably better than when it was delivered from the factory. The price was fair for the amount of work done. Any of my Kenwood radios that develop future problems that I can’t handle will go back to Clif. In the case of radio repair, I have found my “ultimate shop.” Never did find one for the SUV, though.
KF4OHV Rating: 2013-11-07
ts-850 Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
A few days ago I had problems with my ts-850 and send it to clif (Avvid).
Good communication and patience to deal with amateur radio.
Today I received it perfect condition and working like never.
Clif certainly is a technician that works wonders and remanded my radio to life.
I am grateful and now starting to committee recommends to all my friends.Thanks Clif.73.kf4ohv.
KX4R Rating: 2013-10-06
TS-2000x Service Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
I just wanted to add my 2 cents worth about AVVid.
My Kenwood TS-2000x developed a sensitivity problem that was intermittent. Clif was able to pinpoint the problem and repair the unit at a very reasonable cost. I am extremely pleased with his professional service and would highly recommend him to anyone having problems with their 2000.
Thanks Clif for a great job !
AB0DV Rating: 2013-10-03
service excellence Time Owned: more than 12 months.
The service was recommended by Kenwood because of the age of my TS790a; it could not have been any better. Shipping instructions were clear on the website and my phone questions were answered politely and clearly.
The problem was a connection and he only charged the minimum to replace it.The unit was reshipped in my original boxes.
In today's world of questionable service , he is honest and knowledgeable.
W5ACV Rating: 2013-10-02
Fantastic Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Sent my 940 in to this gentlemen based on the reviews left here and some pictures of Cliff's repair desk. Multiple issues/problems with my rig. This gentlemen fixed them all and discovered others and fixed them. Came in under my budget. Went out of his way to fix a shipping problem that was the carriers mistake! Trustworthy, honest and very fairly priced. Pure quality.
KR6B Rating: 2013-09-21
Terrrific service! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Clif provides superior repair service for Kenwood equipment. I have an R-2000 receiver that developed a serious tuning failure. Clif completed the repair, checked the battery and overall performance for a very reasonable rate. Packed everything up very well and I couldn't be more satisfied. I recommend his service unreservedly.

Brian KR6B
N4UGL Rating: 2013-07-22
Fast and affordable Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Outstanding work on my TS-50s that had an intermittent problem (and we know how that can be a real hard find sometimes).
Cliff fixed it to better than new. Getting more output on the radio than when I bought it new. Very well packaged when sending back. Very affordable and quick turn around.

----------------------
Earlier 5-star review posted by N4UGL on 2011-02-06

Brought my 820 up to "as new" working condition. Also did some odds and ends on my TS-2000.
Great communications, good price, excellent packaging, and fast service.

Highly recommend.
W0RMS Rating: 2013-07-03
Great Great Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Clif did his usual FB job on my TS-50s with a fast turn....THANKS Clif !!!

----------------------
Earlier 5-star review posted by W0RMS on 2012-01-25

Sent Clif a basket case TS-50 .... he sent me back a working radio. He went the extra mile and found used parts when no new ones were available...you just can,t beat service like that, and at a fair price to boot. One more time THANKS CLIF !!!