Manager

AVVid

322 VZ County Rd 2714

Mabank, TX 75147

Phone: 214-850-0973

The phone is a cell phone and cantankerous. If no answer leave
a message
and I'll
return the
call.

Working on Kenwood equipment only. No warranty work.

Best contact is via e-mail, I check it several times a day.

---------------------------

NOTE:

2 Feb 2019

After 38 years of repairing amateur radio equipment and being over
70 years old
the
fire has about gone out. My wife and I have decided to take an
extended
sabbatical and
see some of this great country of ours.

To this end we will not accept repairs after February 15, 2019.
All radios received before that date will be repaired and returned to
the owners. The 30 day warranty will remain in effect.

We have both enjoyed what we have been doing and have the best
customers in
the
world.
I will continue to provide help via the internet and limited phone help
during our
extended sabbatical.

This fall we will re-evaluate and determine the next step.
I appreciate your understanding.

Clif Holland KA5IPF

Product is not in production
More Info: http://www.avvid.com/
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
002274.9
W5ALJ Rating: 2013-06-27
SUPER SERVICE AND HONEST! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
As with most other reviews, this one is no different. I had done business with Clif when he was in Irving, TX and I lived right down the street. He did an excellent job repairing my TS-130s at that time. I still have my old 130 and it needed a bit more extensive repairs and alignment and naturally I sent it to him. He had an opportunity to really "gig" me when I asked him to replace all capacitors, but he said it didn't need it. All work I asked for him to do was completed quickly and I got back an excellent, fully functioning radio and he said in his email that it should talk for a long, long time. Great communication and I would highly recommend his service which is very fairly priced.
WB1DQS Rating: 2013-04-04
Great TS-711A Repair Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Clif, offers a clear outline of available services and rates on his web site. He is a Kenwood authorized service center and Kenwood recommended his company for service of equipment they no longer support, they referred me to him. Followed his directions and got my rig back with the problem fixed as expected! Would definitely recommend!
N5KBP Rating: 2013-02-20
Great as usual Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Same ol same ol with Clif.
Radio broke. Send to Clif. Radio fixed.
What else can you ask for.
N7JS Rating: 2013-01-17
Service you can trust Time Owned: more than 12 months.
It always makes you a little nervous sending "your baby" to a complete stranger but there was no need to worry. Sent my TS-2000 to Cliff for a receive problem. It came back fixed and the cost was fair. I won't hesitate to use Cliff again in the future if something goes wrong.

WE6C Rating: 2013-01-08
Check up Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I sent my TS-850 to AVVid for a check up. The radio had not ever been in the shop, or ever had any problems since new in 1994 and I wanted to keep it that way. Clif went through everything, gave it an alignment, replaced a couple caps, and the back-up battery and the radio is working great! Highly recommended!
WB1ETJ Rating: 2013-01-02
Needed help with Kenwood repair. AVVid was recommended. Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Contacted Clif and he said to send in the radio. He quickly diagnosed the problem and repackaged it in the original carton. His rate was extremely reasonable and the transceiver works better than ever..... I got great reports from all stations I contacted!! I would certainly recommend Clif to anyone with a Kenwood problem and would send another one to repair in a heartbeat! Thanks again, Clif
AK4VK Rating: 2012-12-26
Great Service Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Clif diagnosed the problem with my Kenwood TS-450S before I sent it to him, and helped as I tried to repair. Being green in repair, I didn't get it right and sent it to him. Two weeks later, and a very fair price it was back, and works perfectly. I recommend Clif's work highly.
N4DOU Rating: 2012-11-02
Fantastic Service Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I had a sick TS-2000 and Clif gave me advice via email and the Kenwood TS-2000 reflector. When all my attempts to get it working failed, I sent it to Clif and he did a great job repairing my radio. It works better now than when it was new. Clif repaired it, updated the firmware, and made sure it met the factory specs. If I need Kenwood repair again I am going to send it to Clif.
KD8RKJ Rating: 2012-08-10
Great repair Time Owned: N.A.
Clif was very helpful with a repair on my Kenwood TS-450s. It had a burned audio final and some burned traces on the board and he fixed it and sent it back for a reasonable price. Thanks Clif
WA4SDE Rating: 2012-08-10
SUPER PERSON AND REPAIR Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY TS-930SAT..SENT CLIFF AN EMAIL TELLING HIM THE PROBLEM.. HE RETURN WITH AN ANSWER IN 3 HOURS WITH WHAT I SHOULD LOOK AT. HE KNOWS THE KENWOOD RADIOS BECAUSE THE PROBLEM WAS ON THE BOARD THAT HE SAID TO CHECK OUT FIRST...HE IS A 10 IN MY BOOK AND IF I EVER NEED TO SEND OUT ANY OF MY KENWOODS FOR REPAIR IT WILL GO TO HIM....