Manager

AVVid

322 VZ County Rd 2714

Mabank, TX 75147

Phone: 214-850-0973

The phone is a cell phone and cantankerous. If no answer leave
a message
and I'll
return the
call.

Working on Kenwood equipment only. No warranty work.

Best contact is via e-mail, I check it several times a day.

---------------------------

NOTE:

2 Feb 2019

After 38 years of repairing amateur radio equipment and being over
70 years old
the
fire has about gone out. My wife and I have decided to take an
extended
sabbatical and
see some of this great country of ours.

To this end we will not accept repairs after February 15, 2019.
All radios received before that date will be repaired and returned to
the owners. The 30 day warranty will remain in effect.

We have both enjoyed what we have been doing and have the best
customers in
the
world.
I will continue to provide help via the internet and limited phone help
during our
extended sabbatical.

This fall we will re-evaluate and determine the next step.
I appreciate your understanding.

Clif Holland KA5IPF

Product is not in production
More Info: http://www.avvid.com/
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
002274.9
KB9BOJ Rating: 2012-07-13
TS-440 wacky display Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I had a problem similar to the dots but not quite on TS-440 I bought off a friend. I changed the Battery but no help. Clif got on the phone and showed my I had the battery in backwards. Problem fixed. He was very patient and very knowledgable. Next time I have a Kenwood issue it goes Clif right off the bat!!
KA2Y Rating: 2012-06-08
TS-440SAT would not translitt Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Clif turned the rig around in about three weeks, and did an incredible job. Problem was one transistor, but his knowledge of the TS-440 was incredible. He went over the rig and the tuner and I think the radio works better than ever. When it was shipped back, I had an audio problem that magically appeared and in about an hour Clif sent an email telling me what connector to unplug and replug and the problem was solved. After all it is not a brand new radio and mechanical connections do oxidize. I may send another to just have him "tune it up". Can not say enough positive about him and his very fair prices.
N2OAM Rating: 2012-05-08
Ailing TS-60 Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I sent Clif a sick TS-60 that turned out to be a real dog. Someone (NOT me) had been into it. He stayed with it until it was back to 100% working condition. He also stayed with his original estimate. Clif is a top notch tech!

N5CEY Rating: 2012-04-27
2nd TS-930 Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Clif just repaired a 2nd TS-930sat that was given to my son (KF5INZ). Did a superb job in a reasonable time. Clif always has a backlog of radios to repair due to his fine reputation. I give him a 5 rating because he is a reputable, knowledgeable no-nonsense repair center. This is the third radio I have had experience with Clif with and all three have turned out great. Thanks for a job well done.
KK4HEG Rating: 2012-04-24
Sick TS690S Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I recently purchased my first rig, being newly licensed, I bought what I thought was a good deal ...The Kenwood TS690S operated like a dream ...for 9 days, then it became a nightmare...The display went out, then the audio went out...If anyone wants to see what was happening, go to Youtube and search for ...sick TS690S ... I was lost, having put a lot of money into my new station, I could not just go out and buy another rig ...I came upon Clif's name here on eHam and sent him an e-mail asking his advice ...some 30 or so e-mails back and forth later he determined that there was some residual leakage from the onboard battery ...After I followed his instructions and cleaned the area...my machine is up and running ...working DX and I am having a ball ...I would recommend to anyone, new op or old, Clif's services ... Thank you Clif...Thank you ...
N4RMT Rating: 2012-04-24
A rare breed by today's standards Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
I purchased an 850 that wound up being anemic above 24 MHz. After trying everything within my scope, I contacted Clif. He answered promptly each time, and spent alot of his time patiently helping me troubleshoot. Eventually I sent him the radio per his instructions. Clif was honest and up front and told me it would be a while before he got to it. (It was the holidays) Received an email a month or so later that the rig was ready. Though the price was very reasonable, it would still be a couple of weeks until I was able to send payment. Clif never once pestered me about his money. Sent in payment, and within a week my rig was back and operating as new. Clif fixed my problem, and updated the older caps and battery as well. Only negative thing I can say about Clif is he doesn't work on the other manufacturers rigs. If he did, he'd definitely be THE one stop for radio repair. I'd send a radio to him again in a heartbeat.
W7AJ Rating: 2012-04-16
TS 590 F901 FUSE Time Owned: more than 12 months.
THIS WAS MY SECOND KENWOOD CLIF REPAIRED FOR ME.
FAST TURN AROUND WITH UPRATED F901 PROTECTIVE FUSE.

----------------------
Earlier 5-star review posted by W7AJ on 2011-11-14

Clif took care of two problems I had with my TS-950SD. One was self inflicted while I was troubleshooting why the rig would not transmit. He repaired my damage and replaced the shorted finals.
Total turn around time was about one month. The rig works just like new now. I have had the 950 for about twenty years and really like it. I bought a TS 590 about a year ago and just love that rig also. I guess I'll use the 950 as the back up rig. I have both ready to use any time with my switching set up.
WB5EAT Rating: 2012-04-01
Outstanding Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Cliff simply is a craftsman who combines his skill and ability to do a great job and then goes a step further to deliver more than you expect. My TS-830S operates like new !
KC4Z Rating: 2012-03-29
One of a Kind Time Owned: more than 12 months.
It was my pleasure to meet Clif as I hand delivered and picked up my radios. Mr. Holland went through my two TS-950SDX rigs and a TS-60 that was considerably ill. All were thoroughly checked, repaired as needed with fresh batteries and software where applicable. The work was performed professionally at more than reasonable rates. Most impressive was Clif's integrity coupled with his often and concise communications. Overall an experience seldom seen in today's markets. While I don't think I'll be making many more trips to TX anytime soon, I won't hesitate to send any future Kenwood rigs for Clif to work his expertise. Just follow his directions in shipping and packing you will be more than satisfied with the results.

Thanks,
Scott
KC4Z
KC7OV Rating: 2012-03-03
TS-870 Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
Fantastic job.Enough said.