Manager

Review Summary For : MegaWatt Power Supplies S-1200-12
Reviews: 2MSRP: 220.00
Description:
Switching Power Supply. VDC 9 to 14.5, Adjustable. 1200 Watts
80 Amps Continuous, 100 Amp Peak Output.
Product is in production
More Info: http://www.12voltpowersupplies.us/
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
KY9K Rating: 2018-01-30
Rock solid - I forget its there Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I've had one of these power supplies for a few years now. It never disappoints and I've had it powering many different gear configurations. It is built like a tank and keeps on going.
NW7N Rating: 2014-02-01
Surprisingly Great! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
This model from MegaWatt is their new line of 80 amp power supplies. I was nervous purchasing this for my Kenwood transceiver, since this company primarily sells their products on Ebay. After reviewing what people had to say about their line of 35 amp power supplies (http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/9398) I decided to give this a shot!

The item came well-packaged and arrived in new condition. The owner of the company is very willing to chat with you about his products. They are American made out of southern California. It is a switching power supply, so it is small and lightweight. I was worried about the noise some people have with these kinds of power supplies, but this one is filtered and I have not had any noise issues.

The voltage is adjustable through a small pot that recessed into the unit. I used my multimeter and made fine tune adjustments until I got it to the exact voltage my Kenwood TS-480HX required, 13.8 vdc. I let the power supply run, initially, for over an hour and I monitored the voltage which never changed. I then hooked up my radio, started making some transmissions and had someone help me monitor the power supply while it was under a load. The power supply stayed strong! constant 13.8 vdc and no fuses popped in either my power cords or in my radio. My radio seems to enjoy feeding off this little gem.

The price point is unbelievable! A similar power supply from a name brand company is over 400.00 and this gem cost half that!

All in all, I'd say this is about as good as it gets for the money. I was nervous at first about using a no name power supply for my radio, but my testing shows that it works perfectly fine. Others have reviewed his 35 amp power supplies and have come to similar conclusions. You really can't go wrong here, especially if you are a Ham on a budget!