Manager

Manager - NA4M
Manager Notes

Reviews For: Mastrant Guy Ropes

Category: Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc.

eMail Subscription

Review Summary For : Mastrant Guy Ropes
Reviews: 13MSRP: from 17 / 330ft
Description:
Synthetic guy ropes and accessories
Product is in production
More Info: http://www.mastrant.com
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
K6TD Rating: 2019-02-04
good stuff! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
We've now enough experience with the Mastrant ropes to recommend them. We used it at K6MTU to hold up a set of 65 foot rohn G towers for a 4sq 80M antenna set.

We get 100 mph (160 km/h) wind gusts at this site, about 2-3 times a year. We started out using the 4mm P style rope. That stretched too much. We've since gone to the 4mm M style repo. Much less stretch. All has held up. We used the recommended rope clips. I'd recommend doubling up. No hint of the ropes breaking. There is a learning cycle. Read the info in the web site carefully, and ask them questions. They are very knowledgable and helpful.

I also took several rolls of the 3mm P type on the KH1/KH7Z Baker Island trip. Again, worked well. The rope was light weight, but, plenty strong, easy to work with, and tie.

The island is managed by the US Fish & Wildlife Service and they had protocols implemented to prevent exposure to seeds and other possible foreign invasions. One of those protocols restricted the type of rope, such that it couldn't hold seeds. That excluded the use of poly ropes and anything else braided.
ON4WW Rating: 2018-12-23
Excellent product and support Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
The Mastrant booth in Friedrichshafen always has a big crowd in front of it - with a reason.
Finding quality rope is not a walk in the park. A correct description of the fabric of the rope, and its purpose, is often hard to find (and is certainly not to be found in your local do-it-yourself store).
Mastrant does a great job on delivering quality rope, and finding your way around on what type of rope to use.
I needed camouflage rope for a multiple tree/antenna project, and came across the Mastrant-C rope.
Smooth delivery and very responsive, friendly e-mail support!
Keep up the good work!
73 - Mark - on4ww.
VK4SX Rating: 2018-03-16
Excellent product Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Mastrant products are Tier#1 product, Ultrabeam use Mastrant as Truss supports ropes 3mm amazing stuff, a local vk4 has his tower guyed in 8mm, I use 5mm for break release on tower carriage and flags etc, very very strong with wonderful Stainless Steel clamping terminators,
much much much cheaper then Debi Glass and as good,

Regards
Dennis vk4sx
KC4HSI Rating: 2018-03-16
Great products! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Ran into them at the Orlando Hamcation 2018. Just wandering through the show, and I accepted a small piece of sample rope, ignoring the booth - for about 3 steps, when I had to turn to speak to them for a bit, as the "hand" of this line was amazing!

Great products, highly recommended.

www.mastrant.com - Martin and his team have been very helpful.
OK4MM Rating: 2016-08-03
Excelent product Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I use Mastrant ropes for my IOTA expedition antennas.
And not only for ham radio. I installed Mastrant rope to hang the water-pump into 55 meters deep water well. It has been more than five years there and I do not see any problem.
Excelent product.
73, Jarda, OK4MM
IK2LFF Rating: 2016-07-23
at cn3a they saved our towers Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Yes, that ropes have done very well for us, we are using them on every towers and the results are excellent.

Few double-check before the contests, just some pullings here or there and we are always safe.

Go Mastrant!

The CN3A team
OK1FJD Rating: 2016-06-18
Best Rope Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Mastrant ropes we used at PJ5/OL8R and Z21MG DX-peditions and will use at D66D as well. It is high quality material.

Team www.cdxp.cz ok6dj
Ok1fjd old call.
RM2D Rating: 2015-11-08
Excellent stuff Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
For my 18 meter Russian R-409 Army Surplus Telescopic Tower (around 100 kilos) with a Hex Beam on top, I wanted to solve guying issues for the upper three guy layers without using steel wire and insulators. Having seen Mastrant ropes in WRTC events, I wanted to try this solution.

200 meters of 6 mm Mastrant were ordered along with accessories for installation.

Jana and Martin were perfectly customer-focused with prompt reply for any questions.

It is a slightly more expensive solution than using steel wire and insulators, but how happy I am to avoid that work to install the insulators... Worth every single Euro I had to pay extra.

I would recommend anyone who wants to save his or her fingers, time and nerves - go for Mastrant and forget old way of guying antenna towers!
PD2JHP Rating: 2015-09-30
Great stuff! Will buy again. Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
I had used various types of other rope, like dyneema (very strong but too thin) and those nylon ropes (broke after a few month in the sun), but then I found Mastrant Rope during a Hamfair in Rosmalen(NL) spring 2015.

Bought 100 meter reel and stainless steel hardware from Mastrant: just quality. I use the ropes for supporting dipoles and guying mast (25 feet) and poles (35 feet) during field days.

I have not found anything better than Mastrant Ropes. It's very tough and easy to work with.

Great, friendly (nice girl too HI!) and helpful service.

Definitely recommended just search www.ebay.co.uk
M0MTJ Rating: 2015-09-29
Excellent - The Best Rope Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I had used various types of other rope in the past, but then discovered Mastrant Rope a few years ago.

I have not found anything better than Mastrant Ropes. It's tougher, longer lasting and easier to work with than anything else.

I have bought reels of rope and stainless steel hardware from Mastrant and all are of top quality. I use the ropes for supporting dipoles and guying masts and poles.

The main use is supporting a 10 metre tall mast for my VHF aerials. Having used Mastrant ropes for a few years I would not now use anything else. I took the opportunity to pick up another 100m reel of 4mm Mastrant-P at the 2015 National Hamfest to keep in stock.

Great, friendly and helpful service too.

Definitely recommended.