Manager

Manager - NA4M
Manager Notes

Reviews For: Mastrant Guy Ropes

Category: Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc.

eMail Subscription

Review Summary For : Mastrant Guy Ropes
Reviews: 13MSRP: from 17 / 330ft
Description:
Synthetic guy ropes and accessories
Product is in production
More Info: http://www.mastrant.com
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
PH9GFB Rating: 2015-08-05
Synthetic guy ropes and accessories Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have used both 2mm and 4mm of Mastrant-P for more than a year without any trouble. The 2mm is used to setup my 12m spiderbeam pole and for my hyendfed antenna fixed between the chimney and a pole in the backgarden. The 4mm is used to fix my rotatable Aluminium Telescopic Mast 12.5m (41ft) with a 5 band Spiderbeam Yagi.
This setup endured a storm with windforce 8 without any problems
N1EQG Rating: 2015-02-05
GUY ROPE & FITTINGS Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Just received 2 100m Mastrant D spools, bunches of thimbles, duplex wire rope clips, spring hooks, quick acting couplers, turnbuckles eye type and hook type. Martin at Mastrant is super to deal with. No duty on package sent thru USPS. This is the material to use for guying your antennas.

My antenna project is a HEXBEAM (Traffie Tech model) on a 15' mast supported by a Glen-Martin 9' roof tower. Guyed to each corner of the house roof.

House height is 20', figure the tower looses a foot by straddling the peak, so add 8', plus the mast, 2 1/2' into the tower so 13 1/2' more for total antenna height of 40' approx.

Believe me when I say, MASTRANT products are GREAT QUALITY. This is my third antenna guying with Mastrant D. "D" is the Dyneema guy rope which I favor over the "P" which seems to stretch more than I care for.

73's
Bruce, N1EQG
Brookings, OR
PA0LPS Rating: 2014-09-04
Simply great stuff! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Bought a 100 m reel (enough for the rest of my life, I think) at a ham fest here in Holland a few years ago.
We hams do not tend to get overly enthousiatic about passive components, let alone those of a pure mechanical nature.
However, this is simply great stuff.
My experiences after having used this wire for a few years in The Great Outdoors:
1. No mold / funghi / algae observed.
2. Knots can be untied, even after a longer period of time.
3. I have not observed any stretching (but then, I never made any measurements either).
Recommended for antenna builders.
Don't forget to seal off the wire ends with a lighter or a match, as the salesperson instructed me.