Manager

More Info: http://https://proaudioeng.com/products/pae-kx33-ac-power-supply/
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
15204.9
G4AON Rating: 2019-10-06
Works fine for me Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I needed a small power supply to use with my KX3 when travelling. I could have used a generic “12V” 4A power supply, but thought it wasn’t worth the reduced power from the lower Voltage.

I’ve checked this PSU with a hand held spectrum analyser, the KX3 feeding a 100 foot doublet with 450 Ohm feeder, and the KX3 feeding a ground plane on the roof. I’ve not encountered any noise whatsoever from the power supply, it does what the box says.

Recommended for use away from home.
F6DEX Rating: 2019-02-17
Noisy Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Unfortunately and despite having tested two samples, this little psu is too noisy for me. It seems however that noise produced by this psu is much higher with 220v (eu standard) than with 120v. This may be an explanation of the good results in america. The seller has been very helpful and this is why I give a 3 otherwise, it is unsable outdoor ( ok indoor with an external antenna). The mfj unit gives similar results and I finally gave up using switching psu with my kx3. I built a very compact linear psu.
VK2NEW Rating: 2019-02-16
A switcher that is RF quiet! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Purchase this small switching power supply and was delivered to VK-Land in just over a week. Have not tested the supply with a scope, but have tested it in real world situation with a sensitive receiver. From DC to 1.200mhz no noise heard. Receiver had antenna disconnected and replaced with 50-ohm dummy load. Another note supply does not get hot when left on 24/7 and just gets slightly warm when receiver is in continuous receive mode. Have not tested with a transmitter but as you read other reviewers you can decide for your self. Would I purchase a again, oh yes mate.
N1KDO Rating: 2018-06-11
quietest switcher for kx3 Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I tested a bunch of different power supplies for the KX3. This one produces the least RFI of all the switchers I tested. It is an excellent match with the radio, small enough to put in your carry-on bag and take with you for your adventures, powerful enough to charge NiMH cells in the radio while operating. It might seem a bit expensive, but so was your radio, right? You get what you pay for.
N4MDP Rating: 2018-05-12
First Class Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Excellent addition for my Ft-817ND. Quiet. As advertised. 5 star customer service. Spend the extra $20 or so bucks over others. You’ll hear the difference.
WT8P Rating: 2018-04-08
Well-engineered switchable power supply for the KX3 Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
This power supply has been a great addition to my KX3 kit. Moreover, it's well-engineered with current protection, ferrite beads and published radiated spectrum plots.
KB2NAT Rating: 2018-01-31
Well Done Product Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
This power supply has performed flawlessly and quietly with zero issues. It's plugged in and forgotten. It maintains its volt output when I'm transmitting at 15 watts so that my KX3 doesn't drop down to 12 or 10 watts. It is really quiet. There is also a small green LED that lets the operator know that the unit is on. The only nitpicking I can do is to suggest that they use a fisheye LED cover so that the light can be seen from a wider angle rather than from directly in front. Purchasing this power supply removes the need for discussion about hash, RF, induced QRM or the need for fuses. Checking around, I find the price to be very reasonable as well. I wonder why one would need anything else for a 5-amp power supply?
N9YB Rating: 2017-07-12
Top notch product Time Owned: more than 12 months.
This is an excellent power supply for the KX-3. It is very well engineered and as a result, very RF quiet. It is very light, compact and packs away nicely. It works seamlessly with the KXBC3 battery charger.

The power splitter add-on cable provides the ability to fire up both the KX3 and the PX3. I do wish the distance provided by the splitter between the KX3 & PX3 was a bit longer, but it gets the job done.

It is a great value and a must have for the KX3 when operating at home.
KC8TYA Rating: 2017-07-11
Revised review Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
The folks at ProAudio Engineering got in touch with me and worked very hard to resolve the AC hum issue I was experiencing.

The power supply is now working very well.

Excellent customer support.

KC8TYA
W4OP Rating: 2017-06-14
A Well Engineered Supply Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
This supply is unlike any other switcher out there.
This is not just another off-shore switcher relabeled. Custom engineered to be very low noise with only 100pF In/Out coupling capacity. Over voltage/ Over temp/ Over current protected. No one else is publishing their radiated spectrum plots. I use this supply not only with my KX-3, but anytime I need a low noise lab supply for bench testing. Howie always makes himself available to answer questions. More amateur companies should look to Pro Audio to see how to run a company.

Dale W4OP