Manager

Manager Notes

Reviews For: Collins 30L-1 Replacement Power Supply and soft key relay board

Category: Power Supplies

eMail Subscription

Review Summary For : Collins 30L-1 Replacement Power Supply and soft key relay board
Reviews: 2MSRP: 69+s/h; 27+s/h
Description:
Young Kim is a professional power supply designer. He makes
an excellent power supply replacement as well as a relay
soft key board to keep your 30L-1 running for many years.
Product is in production
More Info: http://via email. Check call sign database for K6HM
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
SV3AUW Rating: 2015-02-01
Excellent piece of kit! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I bought my Collins 30L-1 from an English gentleman back in 2008. After years of sometimes erratic operation, in 2011 I saw an add and I bought the HV rectification and filtering board of K6HM. Albeit that, I put my amp to the shelf and never bothered to make the upgrade. Few days ago I took the plunge and I change the old filtering boards with the new one. Everything worked smoothly as it's supposed to work. A few dozens of volts higher HV, better filtering and less heat into the cabinet. Less ripple as well! When I had ordered the K6HM board, mr. Young a fine example of radio amateur, had sent me for free a Teflon covered wire resistor to lower a bit the Heaters Voltage and a diode plus an electrolytic capacitor for the Bias Voltage rectification circuit. I have already order the soft key relay board from him and I am looking forward to it.
The best 113 bucks in total, I ever spent. Thank you very much mr. Young!!!
Takis

p.s. follow the upgrade with lots of photos at sv3auw.blogspot.gr
KC7ES Rating: 2015-01-17
Gave my amp new life! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
First let me say that Young Kim provides excellent customer service. The product is first rate and the documentation is excellent. The relay soft key board has been re-designed and works well.Young worked with me when I experienced a problem with the first generation of relay board and sent me one of the new versions to try out. He went out of his way to treat an old customer with great service.