|Low price, more features, well made
||Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
|The old power supply I had for my radios bit the dust and was beyond repair so I did some research before I replaced it with this one.|
I was hesitant to buy it because I was wondering what I'd get for only $100 and I still have unfounded prejudice about things made in China. For decades, "Made in China" meant cheap in quality as well as price. Old attitudes die hard. The truth is, I'm finding that electronics made in China are even better than those made in Japan. This power supply is further evidence.
What I like about it:
1. It has the look and feel of something well made. There is no cheap plastic feel to it. The knobs aren't loose. Everything is solid.
2. The analog meter, unlike the photograph, has distinct lines and it's easy to read.
3. It is virtually silent. So far, the fan hasn't had a need to come on.
4. The volt and amp meter functions come in very handy. A power supply with a meter is a must-have.
5. There are three ports for power. Snap in output, cigar lighter, and terminal. The convenience of having multiple ports is very nice.
6. I haven't used the variable power feature or the noise off-set, but it's nice to know they're there.
7. It is a fraction of the size of my previous power supply.
8. The low price
I can't say this will last a long time because I just got it. And I can't say how it performs when driven to the limit because I've just run it at 8 amps. But so far, I am very pleased.