Manager

Reviews: 16MSRP: 149.00
Description:

. Silent Operation

. No moving parts

. No contacts to clean or adjust

. High speed capacitive touch sensor circuit

. Adjustable sensitivity

. Rugged all metal cover, frame, and base construction

. Durable epoxy powder coat satin finish

. Unique padded base design for stability and operator comfort

. Easily reconfigured for right or left hand operation

. Opto-isolated output

Product is in production
More Info: http://www.qskllc.com/#!tp-1/cyt6
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
K9CQ Rating: 2019-08-22
The best touch paddle made. Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have had the TP-1 more than a couple of years. I have had some of the older (going back to the Heathkit SA-5010 uMatic Keyer) touch paddles and never could even use them on the air. The Heathkit I used with external key's. Bob has this TP-1 setup so it works with no falsing.

I still have trouble getting use to the touch. Probably because I don't make myself use it all the time and switch back and forth between other great mechanical keys. All and all I would highly recommend the TP-1 as a great high speed CW key.
K2PMC Rating: 2019-05-12
Great paddle at a reasonable price Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
Being an old time CW OP I will admit it took me a bit of practice with the QSK II. My problem was I had a tendency to keep my fingers too close to the paddles and at times I would insert a dit or a dah where it did not belong. Once I learned to keep my fat fingers a bit farther away from the paddles things really fell into place.

It is a great paddle. Sends great CW effortlessly, which, at my age is really appreciated. I bought this paddle at the 2018 Dayton Hamvention and after a year I can only say it is outstanding. Compare the cost of this device versus other offerings on the market and it's a no brainer. I'm heading for Dayton next week and will be buying a second unit for my Florida QTH so I don't have to cart this one back and forth. I can only say, "Try it, you'll like it".
K9ZU Rating: 2019-04-21
A New Standard! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have always been CW-centric since my Novice days in the early, early 60s. I presently have 4 keys at the ready here. All are collecting dust except the TP-1. I was skeptical at first, having no issues with the 3 Benchers I have, including one in my /M. However, I very quickly realized this paddle resets the agenda. It is incapable of walking around on the desk, as your hand rests on the base. I typically QSO at around 45WPM, and have never really used a keyboard. Even my trusty Benchers seem clunky now, and I am hooked!
VE3BXG Rating: 2019-03-28
Happy with it Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I was already accustomed to an electronic touch paddle when my QSK key arrived yesterday. I had been using a Basicomm 2.0 touch paddle for about a year and wanted a second touch paddle in case the electronics on the Basicomm ever failed. Based on one day's use I think I will make the QSK my primary key. Although I find the touch just a little less sensitive than the Basicomm, the QSK paddle is superior for its ergonomics. The idea of building out the base so that the operator's hand/wrist is also the weight that holds the key in place is ingenious and works perfectly. Bob (N1KW), the owner/creator, is very responsive to questions.
KK4UU Rating: 2018-06-15
Outstanding Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
TP-1 Capacitive Touch Keyer. Have owned now for 3 hours.

Been a Ham for 50 plus years, and enjoy CW
I have, Straight Keys, Bugs, Paddles, Cootie etc.

Now being close to 70 years old, I was looking for a solution to
My Diabetic nerve pain in fingers, while Keying.

Ordered, TP-1 last week , It arrived and Just Perfect out of the box. Simple plug and play..... Just perfect feel, and no Pain in My Fingers. 73 and Thanks for Great Product
KK4UU

Thanks Bob !
N5MAJ Rating: 2018-04-14
Works great! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Disclaimer: I'm still very new to CW and still learning. However, I own several other paddles, including a MFJ-564 and a Bencher BY-2. I keep going back to this paddle, despite having other options.

The padded rest means that it doesn't have to weigh a ton to stay in place. You rest your hand on the plate, and it stays put. It does require external power, but that isn't a big deal to me, since typically my keyer and/or transceiver require power as well.

There are no moving parts, so it seems to respond more quickly than my other paddles. I know that different people have different tastes in keys, but so far this is my favorite.

I let one of our local Elmers try it, and he's been fluent in CW for longer than I've been alive (48 years). His only complaint was that it didn't seem to be that sensitive on the edge of the paddle, and that's typically what he uses for sending/receiving CW at 50+ WPM.

I don't use the edge of the paddle, and it works great at my ~20 wpm speeds, so your mileage may vary. I love mine.
WA4LJJ Rating: 2018-01-22
By far, the BEST paddle I've ever used. Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I've been using my TP-1 nearly daily for the 17 months I've owned it. I have had numerous hour long qso's and one 2.5 hour qso with it so far. It becomes part of my arm and is an effortless joy to use. My sending speed is increasing. I had very little learning curve with it. I find if I just relax and focus on my sending, I can send much better code. Bob, N1KW provides immediate response and service. I had a bad cable once and later one of the plugs on a circuit board became loose. His service, like the TP-1 Touch Paddle are second to none in my opinion. I highly recommend this paddle.
WF3T Rating: 2017-09-27
Amazing Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Here's all you need to know about this paddle: I've been using a keyboard for 20+ years because it becomes extremely difficult to send accurate code over 40 wpm with a paddle. I recently found out that all of the guys I talk to regularly at 45/50 wpm are using this paddle! If these guys can send great code at those speeds with this paddle, you can send great code at whatever speed you happen to be at.
W7BV Rating: 2016-12-11
Excellant CW Touch Paddle Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I echo all of the very positive reviews of the TP-1 CW Touch Paddle - excellant feel, well built, very stable, reasonably priced, and , Bob, N1KW, provides great service. I have used it with my K3, KX2, and KX3 with terrific keying of all of these rigs. I've now retired my various, high quality mechanical keys in favor of touch paddles!
AE7US Rating: 2016-11-17
Is this heaven? Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Just got it yesterday, It came wired for a lefty with the dit contact on the right side, so redid that wiring and now it's just right. I took to this paddle right away. It's a joy to use. I have 3 older Vibros, a Bencher BY-2, a Cootie and now this great touch paddle. I have it wired inline with the Bencher, so I can compare. I also use a keyboard at times, and of the seven possibilities, I think the TP-1 wins hands down--especially for sending at higher speeds and with precision. It's very responsive, does not move, and is very attractive. If Bang & Olufsen made a paddle, it might look like this one. It's a beauty. If you're looking for accuracy and precision, you can't do any better than this.