Manager

eMail Subscription

Review Summary For : UR6QW 8 Band Equalizer - Compressor - Echo processor
Reviews: 26MSRP: 135.00
Description:
New Generation of UR6QW - 8 Band Voice Equalizer + Sound Compressor + Echo Processor. Technical data: Microphone low noise amplifier with input and output level pots. Echo processor with delay. Slanted front panel. 8 band Equalizer. 80, 160, 250, 500, 900, 1500, 2500, 3200 Hz. Steel case - shielded against RFI. Designed to work with amplifier QRO TX power up to 2KW. Working UP DOWN control of radio by microphone buttons for supported radios. 3.5mm / 1/8 inch microphone input for use with computer headsets / HEIL microphones, etc. Compression level led.  Microphone Compressor level pot.  Size 180 mm x 100 mm x 50 mm / 7" x 4" x 2.5" inches. Weight - .63 kg / 1.4 lbs.  Length of a power cord with 8 pin din connector is 30 cm / 12 inches.
Product is in production
More Info: http://ur6qw.16mb.com/
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
W5MHG Rating: 2023-03-29
A great product Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Just got the 8band EQ yesterday and setup was easy and got on the with great audio reports. I am using my XLR and it is a perfect match.
K9KQX Rating: 2023-01-11
Excellent little EQ, works great Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I recently purchased the EQ.V6 and couldn't be more pleased with it. I primarily use a Heil PR-77 in my shack and was using the EQ and Processing in my FTDX-5000 with fine results, but I've added many older rigs and the Heil just wasn't a great fit.

So using this I've been able to make adjustments and share the mic / EQ across various rigs to ensure decent audio quality. My main goal was improve the articulation and knock out some of the excessive bass coming out of the PR-77. Also improve on the compression to drive the average power output to a more consistent level. This EQ does a wonderful job and the audio reports have been good.

Rigs using this on are Collins HF-380, Yaesu FT-1000MP, and FTDX-5000
K9RE Rating: 2022-01-28
Outstanding Quality and Service! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I ordered the EQ V.5 for ICOM and received it sooner than expected. The build quality of this unit is excellent! You just connect your microphone and plug the output into your transceiver, and you're good to go. I am using it with an ICOM 7300, but it will work with other ICOM rigs as well. I like the fact that you get all of the important functions combined in one compact unit that is powered directly from your rig. No separate power supply is needed. I think this unit compares favorably with others costing hundreds more. If you are looking to improve the sound quality of your signal, this is the way to go. I occasionally use my 7300 on AM as well as SSB, and this definitely improves performance, since the built-in compressor in the 7300 is disabled for AM. Make sure you turn off the compressor in the rig when you use this one on SSB. This is one of my best ever purchases of ham radio gear. I highly recommend it!
KD8QDL Rating: 2022-01-26
What a Difference! Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
Ordered the EQ V.6 a few months ago and I could not be happier with the success I am having with this addition to my station. I am using it with an ICOM 7610 combined with an Electrovoice RE320 Studio Microphone. I trigger it with a handheld PTT from Heil.

The EQ V.6 has the connections for everything...headphones, Heil PTT switch, an XLR connector for tne EV RE320 and it has even more connectivity for my Heil Pro7 headset which I also use.

The audio from this unit is nothing less than incredible as I now am breaking more pileups than ever. Don't get me wrong...the audio from the RE 320 was good before, but now it is off the charts and punches through like never before.

I did need some advice from Sergey on the Mic gain, Compression, and the EQ settings, and he quickly responded to my questions. Excellent service.

BTW...I am a former career musician who knows and cares about the audio we as Hams like to achieve. This thing just plain works and the price...much, much less than others. Get one...it's solid and you won't believe the difference it makes. 73 and I look forward to hearing you at the front of the pileup line!!!
VA3KBC Rating: 2021-02-11
Great audio reports. Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I heard a few stations with this EQ and was impressed. For the money you can improve how you sound.
I have a Flex 6300 with the RE27ND mic and with the adding of the UR6QW 8band equalizer my audio is sounding awesome!!
VA3KBC
DJ
W4DOM Rating: 2020-12-18
Best buy I've had for Ham Radio Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
using this with my IC-7300 and a PR781. I did not like running the mic gain up to 82% and compression at 8 while using the PR781. I needed something to give the mic some gain, I have the 8 band version and it did just what I needed and then some, this Box gets it's power from the mic connector on the radio. with the help of a friend over the air we had it set up in a half hour. I get good audio reports all the time. best $139 I ever spent
you wont be sorry
N3WMC Rating: 2020-08-21
Very good Product Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
I bought the EQ5 in March. Very well built product. Sergey is good to work with. It works very well with my IC 7610 and Heil PR 781. I have gotten some good reports. I found by tweaking Sergey's settings found in his manual which comes with the equalizer I now have settings for Ragchewing/ Nets and also DX /contesting.
K1SRE Rating: 2020-06-17
Seamless to set up ,Great product Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
A must have for your 7300 if you use a dynamic mic, such as PR781 and PR40. I've received glowing reports on SSB. The mixer/ processor was very easy to set up and has handy connections for PTT and Headphone. Sergey is very responsive via Email and has You Tube tutorials .
N9HZX Rating: 2020-01-22
Great product! Highly recommended! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
What a great product! You want that FM studio million dollar sound? Here it is! Lots of help and support youtube videos from the creator....I have the V4 and just received the V5. The noise gate addition makes the V5 well worth the wait for it to arrive! Use his settings or put on a set of headphones and tweak it just for your own voice.... Made to work with just about any mic setup you can name....Save your money on an expensive studio mic...I have those too...not needed with this. Great experience! Just be patient...it has a long way to travel!
W2GI Rating: 2020-01-05
No Nonsense approach to Voice Equalization Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I like the fact that is Plug and Play. No fusing with cables and special connectors. It arrives, you make two connections. One for power, one for the Mic and you're done. Equalizing your voice doesn't get any easier and faster than that.
Excellent workmanship and Very Durable plus Excellent Looks. Excellent Customer Service. Sergey was reachable and answered questions and concerns fast. Excellent Job by UR6QW.