Manager

Manager - NA4M
Manager Notes

Reviews For: Pacific Antenna Dual Band 20m and 40m Trap Dipole

Category: Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile)

eMail Subscription

Review Summary For : Pacific Antenna Dual Band 20m and 40m Trap Dipole
Reviews: 3MSRP: 25
Description:
A trap dipole kit for 20 and 40 meters. Comes with wire, end

insulators, center insulator with BNC, coil forms and shrink

wrap for coil form.
Product is in production
More Info: http://www.qrpkits.com/dualbanddipole.html
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
K7TP Rating: 2019-11-06
Simple and cost-effective Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
This was a most enjoyable build. One can't help but be impressed with the cleverness of the design. All the parts, not that there were many, were in the kit and the instructions on the web were nicely done.
My friends expect me to build all my own antennas and I normally do, so why would I purchase a kit for a simple dipole? In short it's because the time and money that I would spend on sourcing the parts would just not be worth it. Here I have a proven design with all the bits and bobs.
It's a quality product for SOTA operations - just keep the power at below ten watts (not that I need to tell the SOTA ops that)!
N6BOB Rating: 2017-04-11
Great Inexpensive QRP Dual Band Antenna Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Very easy kit to build, maybe 2 hours tops to get everything just right. Did a little trimming to get it just right for both 40 and 20 meters. Low SWR on both bands and works well at all heights. I usually run it as an inverted V or dipole but a slopper is possible too.
I can quickly put up or take it down and it stores easily on a 4.5 inch by 20 inch cardboard with rubber bands to hold it down. I have had it up in parks on a pushup mast and a tree from 15 to 31 feet and flat top or inverted V. Works great with my KX3 at 10 to 15 watts. Very low noise and broadband too.
Much easier to put up than my Buddy Pole and equal to my MFJ Big Ears. Works better than the BP because it is very broad-banded and requires no adjustments once tuned. So much easier and less expensive than some well advertised antennas.
KN3O Rating: 2017-04-11
Easy to Assemble, Works Great! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Bought this antenna to simplify my SOTA experience. I was using an EFHW system, that required two wires per band, and only one band could be up at once. This antenna is two bands without a tuner needed. Mine works great, even at low heights. The kit is very simple to assemble and the instructions were very clear. Built in strain relief is smartly done. Great antenna for home or portable use!