Manager

Reviews: 1MSRP: 100.00
Description:
Solid state power supply
Product is in production
More Info: http://https://www.hamradio.co.uk/accessories-power-supplies/nissei/nissei-ns-1230d-30amp-psu-with-power-pole-connectors-mfj-4230dmp-pd-8951.php
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
ZS5J Rating: 2019-07-06
Noisy !! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I recently bought this from ML&S - a fantastic dealer, but this product is poor. It is very noisy ! I saw 4 S points of noise reduction on an IC-7300 when switching from this supply to a battery !!!

I bought this based on a Jetstream solid state power supply of which I have 4. It is the same looking box, same fan, identical size etc as the Jetstream, so I thought it might have the same innards. The Jetstream is totally quiet - when switching from the Jetstream to a battery, there is no difference in noise floor.

I bought this power supply for the nice looking digital display and power pole connectors on the back. I can't recommend anyone buying this product, with signals as weak as they are at this point in the sunspot cycle, most will be buried in the noise generated.
I have tried using an Icom DC noise filter in line, but that cannot get rid of all the noise, it drops the noise level by 2 S points, meaning there is still 2 S points of noise after using a DC filter. The noise generated is wide banded, so it affects the entire bands.