Manager

Description:
Dual band VHF/UHF HT with colour touch screen,C4FM, APRS,
Bluetooth
Product is in production
More Info: http://yaesu.com/indexVS.cfm?cmd=DisplayProducts&ProdCatID=111&encProdID=84807B1262BFED6AC816544D94D310E3&DivisionID=65&isArchived=0
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
133.1133.1
AD8BM Rating: 2019-08-25
Bluetooth Issues Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I have no issues with the radio except for bluetooth. I have the same problems mentioned in the reviews. Has anyone tried using the 'official' yaesu headset? I purchased a headset and works fine on my phone. I have not been able to get the ptt to work on the headset. I may try purchasing the official yaesu bluetooth headset, I do not think it will better.
KK5H Rating: 2019-08-23
Nice size, but BlueTooth issues Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I had an ft-2dr, which was a nice radio, but was a bit clunky in my hand. This radio fits my hand and is nice to use. I purchased this also for the BlueTooth feature, but found it to be unusable. It connected fine, but had lots of digitization of the sound and would disconnect if you got more than 2 feet away from the radio. If you put the radio on your back hip, it was not going to work right. I have tried it with 3 different BT devices, that work with other radios, all to fail with this one. I do have a service ticket in with Yaesu to fix this.
K9OBX Rating: 2019-08-23
NOT READY. Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
This rig was NOT ready for the market. I was hoping that it would compete with the TH-D74A, but it's not even in the same arena. Tinny speaker with NO way to adjust the sound. It actually sounds worse than my FT1DR. This is actually the worst sounding HT I own. The display is FANTASTIC, but it seems as though Yaesu focused on that and forgot about everything else. I would've given this rig a worse rating had it not been for the display. I like fusion, but this isn't a FUSION review, It's a RADIO review. This Radio is NOT worth the price.