|Not a good investment, very limited use
||Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
|Bought this to complete my updated ham shack.|
A review of my experience -
* My intention was to bring my antenna coax into the shack. I used two pieces of 1-1/2 PVC conduit through the wall of the shack to bring the cables in.
* There is room for six lightning arrestors comfortably spaced so that connectors can be added to the arrestors. There is room for only six glands on the top of the box.
* After installing the box on my outside wall, it warped by the sun after the second day and would not latch closed with the locking mechanism provided.
* With the cable glands provided, you will not be able to push your coax through the gland with PL259 or N connector if already installed on your coax.
* if you use lightning arrestors with a stud mount, you'll find that the hardware screws provided to mount the metal plate provided are not long enough.
* After searching for a cable gland that works, the one I found available at Platt Electric will not fit in the space available (on the top of the this box).
* Platt had an enclosure with 1/4 wall thickness, about the same size, for about $40.00.
* a trip to my local welding shop and $10.00 was what it cost to find a thicker (3/16") aluminum plate.
* And last, there was an extra trip to the local hardware store to find suitable mounting hardware.
* the review I posted on their website has not been posted yet. update! DX Engineering posted review a few days after this one.
** on the positive side, it looked nice for a day.