Manager

eMail Subscription

Review Summary For : QRPGUys 12W Dummy Load/Power Meter
Reviews: 2MSRP: $10
Description:
The QRPGuys Dummy Load/Power Meter is a 50 ?, 12W rated terminated load that is useful tool when setting up or diagnosing most low power transmitters. Useful range is from DC to 150MHz. up to 12 watts. With the use of an inexpensive 11 Megohm multimeter, and a little math, you can measure the power output into the 50 ohm load. The rated voltage of the detector diode is 70v, so measurements should be limited to 12 watts. There is also a terminal for direct RF from the transmitter for monitoring the envelope with an oscilloscope. It has an integral BNC male connector, so the use of an M/M adapter is not needed. It is 1” wide x 2” long, light weight, throw it in the go bag, and no cables needed. The required tools for assembly are a soldering iron with a small tip, rosin core solder, small side cutters, and can be built in less than a half hour. On a difficulty scale of 1 to 5, 5 being the most difficult, this is rated at 1.
Product is in production
More Info: https://qrpguys.com/12w-dummy-load-power-meter
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
K6SDW Rating: 2022-03-14
Small and effective Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I bought and built the dummyload a while back and it's so small and convenient for QRp power levels I use it over the large MFJ dummyload I own.
Super easy to build and measuring the relative output without a meter easy as well. And when done, I throw it the drawer.

I really like QRPGUYs kits, the manuals are very well done!

GL/73
WU7X Rating: 2022-03-14
Fun & Easy project Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
If you are looking for a QRP dummy load, look no further. This is a fun project that takes minimal time to build. It works as advertised. The downloadable 2 page assembly manual is well done and will walk you through the process quickly and easily.

I have essential tremors which make my hands shake. The more I concentrate, the more they shake. I was still able to put this simple kit together in under an hour. If I can build this so can you.